8th May 2015, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

What is the minimum marks required in graduation for getting admission of post graduation course?

Does the marks of all the three years of graduation are considered for post graduation course or only of the third year i.e specialization year? What is the minimum marks required in graduation for getting admission of post graduation course? Can someone let me know the details soon?

8th May 2015, 03:36 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum marks required in graduation for getting admission of post graduation course?

There is no such fixed criteria as to how much you should score in your graduation to be eligible to do Post Graduation course.

Moreover, as you have not mentioned any course name for which you want to opt for Post Graduation, therefore it is quite difficulty to provide you the exact information.

However, there are different marks requirements for different PG courses, but still to be on a safer side you should try to score above 60% in your graduation as most of the PG courses do look for a minimum of 60% marks in graduation by the candidate to allow him/her to do PG course.
8th May 2015, 03:00 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum marks required in graduation for getting admission of post graduation course?

The overall percentage of all three years or four years of your graduation is considered as your percentage. So, your aggregate percentage is required to apply for any Master's course admission or to apply for any job. And as per eligibility criteria of most of the universities, candidates should have minimum 50% of marks(45% for SC/ST candidates) in their graduation to apply for admission in PG courses. And even this percentage requirement varies, depending upon the course, in which you want to join. So, please check the eligibility criteria, before applying for admission in any course.
9th May 2015, 12:19 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, aggregate marks are considered for getting admission in Post Graduation Course. Aggregate marks means Marks secured in all semester's or all year's are considered. So do not think that institute/ university consider only the marks secured in third year of Graduation or Final year of Graduation. The basic eligibility criteria required to be eligible for getting admission in Post Graduation Course is "Candidates must have obtained minimum 60% aggregate marks (Marks secured in all 3 year's of Graduation (Or) all 4 year's of Graduation are considered). So make sure you obtain minimum 60% marks in Graduation to be eligible for getting admission in Post Graduation Courses. The minimum percentage required basically varies from institute to institute but most of the universities/ institutes demand candidates to have minimum 60% marks in Graduation. Apart from this, concentrate of core concepts covered in your Graduation to find employment opportunities or to understand the Post Graduate course better.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?