23rd April 2015, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

Whether 78.22 percentile in CAT is sufficient for B.Com candidate?

Hello Everyone,
I will be graduating this year. I have attempted CAT and secured 78.22 percentile with 0 preparation, 84.50 percentile in Section-I and 59.60 percentile in Section-II. I am placed in TCS and will be preparing for CAT of next year. Can anyone throw some light whether I should be happy or not with my CAT?

24th April 2015, 09:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 78.22 percentile in CAT is sufficient for B.Com candidate?

If your aim is getting admission in a top Institute like IIM then this score is not so good. For admission in top institutes one must have a very good percentile of above 95 to get admission in the top management colleges of India.

If you had zero preparation then this is a good score and you should go for better preparation because you have good chance of getting a good score after decent preparation. Therefore, if that score was without any preparation then surely you should be happy and prepare for next year.
25th April 2015, 01:53 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is nice to see that you are determined to improve your CAT score next year. Although 78.22 percentile in CAT is not a good score if you are targeting the IIMs and other premier B-Schools of the country. However, there is nothing to get disheartened as well since this is a decent score in first attempt and you can do far better next year with better preparation. So prepare well for CAT and do a decent service at TCS which will be a plus point in enriching your profile since work experienced candidates are always preferred by every B-school and get a better score thereby taking admission in the top B-schools of the country.
25th April 2015, 08:43 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

As far as my knowledge is concerned about CAT - Common Admission Test, you have secured very less marks/ percentile in CAT Test if you want to get admission in IIM for PGDM course because IIM demands minimum 99 percentile from a candidate in CAT Entrance test and you have secured just 78 percentile out of 100 so I would say that you should prepare again and do not be happy with this score.

But there is a reason to be happy is that you did not prepare for CAT and take help from any coaching center and what if ? you take help of a very good reputed coaching center and give your personal time to the preparation and if you do so then nothing can stop you from securing 99 percentile in CAT test and you will definitely be selected for the course in IIM so just do not worry about your career and lets start preparation with full enthusiasm and new spirit to have good marks and clear the rope.

There are some very good coaching centers available in India for preparation of CAT test you must join any one of these coaching centers and start working for your career :

01. TIME - Triumphant Institute of Management Education
02. Carer Launcher
03. IMS Learning Center
04. PT Education for CAT/ MAT
05. Bulls Eye Coaching Center
06. Mindworkzz institute for CAT test

So these are the centers you may join any one of these as per your facilities and availability of time and start giving about 4 hours extra for preparation except the time of coaching then you may easily qualify the exam and get admission in IIM for PGDM.
25th April 2015, 08:58 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Whether 78.22 percentile in CAT is sufficient for B.Com candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I will be graduating this year. I have attempted CAT and secured 78.22 percentile with 0 preparation, 84.50 percentile in Section-I and 59.60 percentile in Section-II. I am placed in TCS and will be preparing for CAT of next year. Can anyone throw some light whether I should be happy or not with my CAT?
With zero preparation getting 78.22 in CAT is a good thing. This time prepare very seriously and try to get more than 99%ile. If everything goes well you will end up in IIM A, B, C, L, K. You should be absolutely happy about your performance in CAT-14.

By looking at your scores it can be understood that your weak area is section 2. This year getting over it is your main strategy as your math look strong with a good 84.5%ile.

As you are already placed in TCS with not much tension you can prepare for this year CAT. Work on major areas of syllabus where you lack certain skills. Master them. Give mocks and analyze those mocks. You will be able to get the scores you are expecting in CAT 15.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?