16th February 2017, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for GATE if I have year back in B.Tech?

What if I have faced an year back after the second year of my engineering and want to crack GATE with a good rank. Will I be able to get admission into IIT, if I maintain 60% aggregate? Please reply.

16th February 2017, 09:15 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for GATE if I have year back in B.Tech?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you will be eligible to appear for the GATE examination once after the completion of B.Tech course, no matter if you have a year lack. You must have to complete your B.Tech successfully with no backlogs at the time of appearing in the examination.
Candidates those who have competed their B.Tech from a recognised University with 60% of marks in it can definitely apply for GATE examination.
After scoring merit marks in the examination, you can very much take admission in IITs to enhance your career in the respective field.
20th February 2017, 10:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for GATE if I have year back in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What if I have faced an year back after the second year of my engineering and want to crack GATE with a good rank. Will I be able to get admission into IIT, if I maintain 60% aggregate? Please reply.
If you have cleared your pending backlog then you are eligible for GATE entrance exam and you will get admission in IIT's. But your GATE percentage should be above 98.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department from a recognized University then you are eligible for GATE entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?