1st March 2023, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

Is it adviseable to get admission in diploma in civil engineering through distance or open university?

Dear Sir, I have taken admission in a Polytechnic in Belgaum. I completed 4th semester and I have 8 subject back to answer. Actually, due to my family and financial problems, I could not attend classes and hence this result came. I have to work to support my family therefore could not give full attention.
Since my uncle advised me to approach you to join distance course and I could justify to study at home after work. Now I seek your kind advice, whether I can join Open University Course and what should I do to join etc.

2nd March 2023, 02:15 AM
AddisonRae

Default Re: Is it adviseable to get admission in diploma in civil engineering through distance or open university?

Joining a diploma in civil engineering through distance or open university can be a good option if you are unable to attend regular classes due to personal or financial reasons. However, before making a decision, you should consider the following:
  • Accreditation: Ensure that the institution and the course you are considering is accredited by a recognized body.
  • Recognition: Check if the diploma is recognized by the industry and employers.
  • Quality of education: Research about the quality of education offered by the institution and course content.
  • Job prospects: Consider the job prospects after completing the diploma, as some employers may prefer candidates who have attended regular classes.
  • Time and commitment: Distance education requires self-discipline, time management, and commitment. Ensure that you can dedicate sufficient time for self-study and assignments.
  • Course fee: Check the fee structure and affordability of the course.

You can approach the Open University or Distance Education department of any recognized institution to know about the admission process and requirements. They will guide you on how to apply, eligibility criteria, and other details. Make sure to clarify all your doubts before enrolling in any course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?