1st March 2023, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a software daveloper by commerce stream?

I am very much interested in coding and programming and mastered Python. Currently am i 10th and so much confused about 11th. Everyone is saying that PCM(science stream) is necessary for software development. Some say, it can be done by commerce too. Please guide me.

2nd March 2023, 12:00 AM
aryaanfreelancer
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I become a software daveloper by commerce stream?

Yes. After completing class 12 in commerce, you can become a software engineer by pursuing a Bachelor of Computer Application or by enrolling in certificate or diploma programs at polytechnic institutes.
2nd March 2023, 10:59 AM
Antonio 2023

While having a strong background in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) can be helpful for certain aspects of software development, it is not necessarily a requirement.

Software development primarily involves logic, problem-solving, and analytical thinking. These skills can be developed through various means, including self-learning, online courses, and training programs, regardless of the educational background.

Moreover, software development is a field that encompasses various domains, including finance, healthcare, education, entertainment, and more. A background in commerce or other fields can be advantageous in understanding the needs and requirements of software in those domains.
2nd March 2023, 03:18 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

To persue a career in software engineering , one should have selected science stream.

Those who are from arts or commerce stream can become by following 2 ways

1- commerce students can get admission into a polytechnic college and opt for an IT course. After completing the course, one becomes eligible to apply for B.tech course in 2nd year in a recognised institution.

2- Those who are not interested in B.tech , then they can opt for other courses like for eg, after 12th one can give entrance test for degrees like BCA , BSc IT or B.Com IT.

Computer science is the most common degree that software developer choose when starting their career .
When you get a degree in computer science , you will primarily study the exact skills that you will use on daily basis as a developer.

Thus being commerce graduate, your main focus is to computer science.
You can go for any of the above path to persue career in this field.
3rd March 2023, 01:06 AM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. It is possible. You can pursue a Bachelor of Computer Application or enroll in certificate or diploma courses at polytechnic colleges after passing class 12 in commerce to become a software engineer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?