22nd October 2016, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I get a software job after a gap due to government job preparation?

Sir, I have completed my M.Tech in 2015 with 65.22% and from then I was preparing for UPSC civil services exam, but cannot made it. Is there is any chance for getting any private company(software) after this gap?

23rd October 2016, 03:00 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a software job after a gap due to government job preparation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have completed my M.Tech in 2015 with 65.22% and from then I was preparing for UPSC civil services exam, but cannot made it. Is there is any chance for getting any private company(software) after this gap?

Yes, you can get a software job after a gap due to government job preparation. But you have to explain a gap period and should answer the technical questions that they ask during interview correctly and thoroughly. You should not be rusty and should prepare well for the interview process. The selection process consists of aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. So you should prepare well for the selection process. So you can get a software job after a gap period.
24th October 2016, 08:10 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get a software job after a gap due to government job preparation?

Yes, you can definitely get a job in the IT sector even though you had a gap after your M.Tech course. There is no problem with a gap of 1 year as most of the companies allow up to 2 years of gap. However, there might be a question during the interview round regarding this gap and you need to answer well to that question genuinely. You should try for off-campus recruitment drives of various companies. You should start off with whatever opportunities come your way and then later you can switch for a better opportunity after gaining experience.
25th October 2016, 10:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you fulfill below given criteria, then you are eligible for software jobs.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for software companies is 60%. Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for software companies recruitment. Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for software companies recruitment.
24th July 2019, 05:09 PM
Unregistered

I have 10 years gap because of family reason can i get job it s/w sector
15th October 2022, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

what should i say answer goverment preparation carrer gap
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?