9th January 2014, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Shall I quit my software job and go for M.Tech/Government job?

I got 3 years of software job experience.I want to quit my job and go for M tech studies/govt job due to high work tension and lack of job security.I don't know when i loose the job.If i loose the job after marriage then whats my situation.Software companies are removing the employees when the recession comes and even if the employee performs well.I can't able to manage continues learning.I have worked on 15 projects in 3 years.What about my health If i work like this for few more years.Instead of putting lot of effort for 15 projects.If i put this effort for competitive exams/M tech i hope that i may get good job without loosing my health.

12th January 2014, 12:21 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Shall I quit my software job and go for M.Tech/Government job?

Ya, it is actually a big and good step to go for M.Tech/Government job rather than working in a software field with full of tension and pressure but if you are married and going to quit the job is something which you have to double check and think because you have no other means of income other than the present job.

If that's the case then you need to take it really slow, just be in the job and also start preparing for the various competitive exams which provides your the Government job. Once you are sure you will get the Government job by clearing the selection process then you can quit the job and move..

Doing M.Tech after 3 years experience is not that advisable since it won't add much value to your career but doing M.S in good colleges overseas will really add up more value to your career and also with 3+ year experience it's actually good to do since you will have more knowledge on the subjects but again if you are already married then this option will not fit in properly unless you are ready to do it.

Bottom line never quit the job if that's the only source of income for you. Just try to make sure you will find some extra time other than your job which is tough but still you need to do to prepare for the competitive exams and then quit the job only when you are sure about the next job.
8th August 2015, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Shall I quit my software job and go for M.Tech/Government job?

I completed my b.tech this year and got placed in a software company but I want to work in a core company as I did my b.tech in electronics and instrumentation
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?