29th December 2015, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get the government job if I have year gap in my studies?

Sir/Mam,
I am a student of BCA (H) at Pailan. I had been admitted at this course in August, but I have passed H.S examination of WBCHSE that is there is about four years of gap in my educational career. This long gap is due to my serious health problem. For this educational gap, I am not permitted to attend the various campusing programs offered by different private companies at my college. So, my question is that, is there any problem to get a government job due to my educational gap or age limit. My age is now 24 and I am a SC candidate.

Tiaus Sardar

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for government job after a gap year in between engineering course?
  2. Am i eligible for iGATE placement with one year gap between BE?
  3. AM I eligible to get a job in software companies if I have two years gap between studies?
  4. Criteria to be eligible for a government job? What should I do to pursue a government job after final year?
  5. A year gap will restrict me in getting a job?
  6. Is it good to continue B.Tech after 3 years of gap?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for HAL test if I have gap in my studies?
  8. Am i eligible for Infosys and TCS with one year gap between Diploma and Degree?
  9. Is one year gap between 11th and 12th standard allowed in CAPGEMINI?
  10. Can I get a software job with a 1 year gap after completing B.Tech ECE? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible for syntel campus placement if I have 1 year gap in studies?
  12. List of Companies(preferably I.T) which considers more than 2 years gap in education for job?
  13. Will I be eligible for On-Campus Placement with 2 years of gap in studies?
  14. Am I eligible for top software companies being a candidate having secured 73% in 10th, 63% in 12th and 60% in BE having 2 years gap in studies?
  15. After working as a trainee in IT company can I try out a job in IT industry or government job in Indian Oil, HP etc if Have 3 years Gap between my previous job?
  16. Am i eligible for TCS placement drive with 2 years gap before 10th??
  17. Is it possible to get into job via Campus Placement if I have 2 years study gap?
  18. Am I eligible for engineering campus placement with 1 year gap between 12th?
29th December 2015, 03:14 PM
ayush_1993

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the government job if I have year gap in my studies?

Yes,you are eligible to give government exams.There is no problem to get a government job due to my educational gap because in governments jobs age eligibility is up to 30 years and relaxation is given for SC/ST students also.
But in graduation your marks are more than 60%. with recognized university.
29th December 2015, 09:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get the government job if I have year gap in my studies?

You can apply for government jobs because you have completed BCA course.

You can apply for below government jobs after completion of BCA degree.

1)Civil Service Exam

2)Railway group D exam

3)CDS

4)SSC CGL

5)SSC FCI

6)Assistant teacher jobs

7)UES exam

8)NIC scientist recruitment

9)Bank exam
29th December 2015, 11:10 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for government jobs.

The minimum eligibility criteria for any government job is that the candidate must have passed his/ her graduation form a recognized university and he/ she should have attain minimum of 18 years of age, while the upper age limit varies for different posts.

As of now you are eligible to apply for government jobs being having a year gap in studies.

But, most of the MNCs demand from a candidate that the candidate shouldn't have any year gaps in education.
29th December 2015, 11:25 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no problem of having gap year to appear for government jobs examination. So, you are eligible to appear for government jobs examination.

Some of best government jobs examination for you are :-

* IBPS.
* Staff Selection Commission.
* Railway.

These are best options for you. But you have to qualify in entrance examination for the final selection in jobs.

For details information about various examination visit at official website.
23rd June 2017, 06:55 AM
Unregistered

Can a private candidate attempt ssc chsl exams? There is no any problem in future.
30th November 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

I have 9 years of gap in education and now i am mba in IT &HR, right now i am working as business development manager in private company. I would like to write exams for bank. Am i eligible for those exams?
1st December 2017, 01:30 AM
jhaindia31

There is no problem of having gap year to appear for government jobs examination.only think is your current age should be match for the government job creatria So, you are eligible to appear for government jobs examination.

Some of best government jobs examination for you are :-
24th August 2019, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for CDS if I am having a gap of one year during my college
1st February 2023, 09:52 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir am I eligible to groups1 exam I had not attend finel year degree exams because of my father health issues passedout year 2019 but I'm realized to complete degree then I think to write open degree and it's 2023 am I eligible for groups
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?