11th January 2022, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue MCA after 10 years of completing Bachelor? Will that be considered in MNCs?

Hi. My situation is a little critical , so I have to state my whole history of education and career before putting my question.

I am from Kolkata. I have done Bachelor in Optometry (B.optom) from WBUTECH in 2006 and worked for 1 year in hospitals and clinics. There I was not satisfied and wanted to pursue a career in Computer Graphics. So I learned and practiced at home and did a couple crash courses and started working in E-leaning which is a division of IT. Now I work in contractual mode as a senior graphic designer in a reputed organisation of Tata. Apart from working with graphic software like Flash and Photoshop etc. we also work with technical tools like Articulate storyline, Adobe captivate etc.

My questions -

1. Is it possible for me to shift into technical jobs and work as a developer if I complete courses like MCA or Msc in IT? (Please note the time difference between my Bachelor and Masters would be more than 10 years in this case.)

2. Is it even possible for me to apply for MCA (in regular mode) since I did not have mathematics in graduation level although it was a technical degree.

3. Even if I complete MCA. Would companies like TCS, CTS, Accenture and other IT companies allow a candidate with such a big gap in education to apply (please note I have experience certificate to show for this time gap.)

4. Would I be eligible for these companies with a distance learning degree in MCA. Or a regular / distance degree in Msc IT? Or would it be better if I just do a couple crash courses in web/mobile apps development and try to apply for those.

I hope there's someone with proper expertise and knowledge, who can assess my situation and provide a solution. I wanted to do a Master degree in any technical stream and shift to technical jobs, whichever is best possible for me in the current situation.

Note: I have total 10 years experience in graphics in which 6 years is in E-learning as a graphic designer o technical tool operator or whatever you can call it.

And if an answer is available for these questions.

What is the MCA / Msc IT course with minimum time duration and course fee?

12th January 2022, 09:45 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue MCA after 10 years of completing Bachelor? Will that be considered in MNCs?

10 years is a huge gap, but you can still do it through correspondence.
But Mont MNCs don't consider distance education worth giving job.
It doesn't come under their eligibility criteria.
But if someone has completed their degree from university which has mandatory recognitions in distance education , then they can give it a try.
They must have good academic background without any present backlogs.

Most MNCs reject degree earned through correspondence.

To get in to MNCs , you require engineering or other degrees in computer science or IT or related fields.
14th January 2022, 08:16 PM
Msdhoni02

Default Re: Can I pursue MCA after 10 years of completing Bachelor? Will that be considered in MNCs?

Can I pursue MCA after 10 years of completing Bachelor? Will that be considered in MNCs? B

The answer is YES.

You can do MCA after 10 years of completion of Bachelor degree. You just should have completed your graduation with a minimum of 60% marks from a recognized university.

Admission to this course is direct for some universities and for some reputed university, you might have to go through an admission test.
14th January 2022, 08:16 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Can I pursue MCA after 10 years of completing my Bachelor? Will that be considered in MNCs?

Any graduate who has passed or appeared for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering, or any approved University) is eligible to apply. Candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation.
A candidate of any age can pursue this course. The duration of the course is 2 years.

Yes, of course, the candidate can apply for MNCs after doing this course.
15th January 2022, 11:27 AM
Ayesha baig
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Ofcourse you can complete your post graduate anytime ,but you must have Graduation degree and migration certificate .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?