24th December 2013, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

Career in Travel and Tourism Sector after passing 12th from humanities stream? Good salary offers?

hi i m shyamsundar.now am studng in 12th and. i
want 2 make my carrer in travel and
tourism sector after 12th. i don't have proper
knowledge about this sector . plz
help me. what courses are thare and
some good job salary?

Related Questions:
  1. Career in Travel and Tourism Sector after passing 12th from commerce stream?
  2. Travel and tourism jobs in government sector?
  3. What are the career prospects after Tourism course? How much salary range does it offer?
  4. How much salary will I get for B.A travel and tourism?
  5. What to do next after B.Com to join in government travel and tourism department?
  6. How to do PGDM in travel and tourism from IITTM Gwalior
  7. Which course should I go for after passing B.Com with travel and tourism?
  8. How much salary package can I get in both private and government sector after completing PGDM in tourism?
  9. How to qualify myself for a Government Job in Tourism Sector? What are the requirements?
  10. Which course should I opt for making career in tourism after completion of my diploma course in physiotherapy? Would I be suitable for this career?
  11. Can i do travel and tourism course after passing 10th?
  12. How to do economics honors after passing 12th and humanities?
  13. In which institute should I do HR in travel and tourism?
  14. List of the colleges along with their details offering part time or short time courses in travel and tourism?
  15. What are the career options in Humanities stream providing good salaries? Which colleges can I get in Hyderabad after scoring 77% in 12th?
  16. How to make a career Tourism Industry? Course and Colleges?
  17. What are the job opportunities after BBM? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How may I get the information regarding career opportunities available in travel and tourism, food technology and environment engineering? List of the top colleges along with their details for the same?
2nd January 2014, 07:02 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Career in Travel and Tourism Sector after passing 12th from humanities stream? Good salary offers?

Travel and tourism is one of the underdeveloped fields in India which has a great scope in future since both the central as well as state governments are putting more stress on tourism to not only make India a beautiful country but to enrich the country's economy as well. Tourism is an industry that will definitely give lucrative career option in the future.

You can get into the best colleges that offers courses in this field. Seeking admission in them is basically done on the basis of entrance exam or marks obtained in 10+2 exam. Various courses are available in this field but it is better to go for the degree courses which will fetch you job of better remuneration and rank. The courses which you can do are as follows :-

-B.Sc in Airline Ticketing and Hospitality Management
-Bachelor in Air Ticketing and Management Administration
-Diploma in Destination Management
-Airline Passenger Services
-Advance Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management
-BA in Travel and Tourism
-Bachelor in Tourism
-Certificate Course in Guide Training
-Bachelor of Hotel and Tourism Management
-Diploma in Accommodation Operation

The top institutes that offers courses in this field are :-
-National Institute Of Tourism & Hospitality Management (NITHM),Hyderabad
-Indian Institute for Travel and Tourism Management(IITM), Gwalior
-Sita Travel and Tourism Academy, New Delhi
-Kerela institute of tourism and travel studies (KITTS)
-Anand Institute of Management Science (AIMS), Gujarat
-C-ollege of vocational studies, Delhi
-College of Hospitality and Tourism (CHAT), Gurgaon, (Haryana)
-Heritage Institute Of Hotel & Tourism, Agra, (Uttar Pradesh)
-Amro Tourism Academy, Nasik, (Maharashtra)
-Amity Institute of Travel and Tourism (AITT), Noida

The entrance exams through which you can get into this institutions are:-
-Aims Test For Management Admission - (ATMA)
-Federations of hotels and restaurants association of India FHRAI (FHRAI)
-Indian Institute Of Tourism And Travel Management (IITTM) Test
-IATA Entrance Exam

After completion of courses you can work in Government Tourism Departments,Travel agencies,Hotels,Airlines,Tour operator agencies,Immigration and Customs services,Transportation Department,Holiday Consultants. Salary depends on the type of work you are doing. It generally ranges between 20-30 K per month for reputed organizations and for others 10-20 k per month.

You can work as :-
-Tourism Department Officer
-Checker
-Settler
-Reservation Executive
-Tour Informer
-Immigration Consultant
-Front Office Executive
-Counter Staff
-Cabin crew
-Tour Planners
-Lobby Manager
-Operations executive
-Junior Travel executive
-Marketing Executives
-Tour Guides
-Ticketing assistant
-Tour operations Manager
-Trainee Travel Consultant
10th April 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Career in Travel and Tourism Sector after passing 12th from humanities stream? Good salary offers?

i have given the boards recently and i am a student of arts n i love to travel diffrent places,is there any job for a person like me and my one more problem is that i am weak in studies and hate maths..!!what kind of job i can do in this field..?
18th May 2017, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

I just completed my 10th boards . Is there Any kind of entrance exam to seek admission in any college of tourism management. Is there any college of tourism management in Mumbai,Thane,bandra near to thane.
give me feedback at [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?