12th March 2015, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Is M.Tech biotechnology good for campus placements?

Am msc microbiology passout preparing for GATE BT at age 25. will it be better for me to prepare for gate because hav heard that there is no better campus for mtech bt even in nits and iits. or else i will start searching for job. please consider my query and give some proper directions.

thanking you!

Related Questions:
  1. Which universities are good for placements in Biotechnology? Do SRM or Manipal Universities offer good placements?
  2. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  3. How to get selected in campus placements after scoring 82% aggregate in 2nd year?
  4. Can I get main campus in Chennai after scoring 16 in M.Tech ECE? How good are the placements?
  5. What is the scope of M.Tech from Manipal University?
  6. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for campus placements?
  7. How to register for IIT JEE aptitude test?
  8. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  9. Can I get a job in a good company after scoring 65%? How to prepare for campus placements?
  10. How to get good percentage of marks in B.Tech course? What are the skills required for the candidates to get through Campus Placements?
  11. How can I do M.Tech in Industrial Biotechnology? I have completed B.Tech in Biotechnology
  12. Which are the colleges providing placements after doing M.Tech? I am doing B.Tech in IT specialization
  13. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  14. What should I study further after completing 12th to get high salaried job in Accenture?
  15. Best books for campus placements?
  16. Jobs after Engineering in EEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. How can I get job in Infosys, Wipro, IBP, L&T, TCS, CTS, HCL and Syntel being a B.Tech(CSE) 3rd year student? Requirements and skills to get job in these companies?
  18. GITAM Hyderabad campus good?
12th March 2015, 11:39 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is M.Tech biotechnology good for campus placements?

Biotechnology is a developing field in India and is expected to have huge scope in the near future. It is growing rapidly and finding applications in a wide variety of fields. It is a myth that there is no scope especially campus placement in the field of Biotechnology in institutes like IITs and NITs for M.Tech candidates. Biotechnology is such a field where higher education has great importance and most of the companies prefer candidates from M.Tech level rather than B.Tech level. There are many companies where you can find job opportunities.

-List of top companies in India:
Southern Petrochemical Industries Ltd
Serum Institute of India
Panacea Biotech
Piramal Healthcare
Biocon
Cipla
Ranbaxy
Wockhardt Limited
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
Indian Immunologicals
Godrej
Dabur
Hindustan Unilever
Rossari Biotech India Pvt Ltd
Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd , etc

You are going in the right direction, however, if you are not confident enough you can go for higher studies in your field of study which is microbiology since Microbiology also has good scope in modern India especially in the pharmaceutical sector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?