15th May 2015, 01:49 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to maintain 60% aggregate in B.Tech 1st year to be eligible for placements?

Sir/Mam,

I am studying my b.tech(E.C.E) 3rd year in srm university , chennai
i have 80% in 10th , 85% in intermediatte , but i am having very less aggregate in my b.tech 1st year(less than 60%) due to health problem and 65% in my b.tech 2nd year.am very worried about my placement.plz tell me sir. am very depressed and tensed about my placement.will the companies consider my 1st year aggregate?
will it affect my placement?
and i can maintain atleast 60% aggregate at the completion of my 3 1(5th semester).if any companies come for placement at the end of my 3rd year, can i attend? and what should i do to get a good placement in:
TCS
WIPRO
MICROSOFT
INFOSYS
GOOGLE
ACCENTURE

please anwer my question sir.
thankyou :-)

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for placements in any company after scoring an aggregate of 61% with backlogs?
  2. Am I eligible for placements after scoring 52.2% in companies which ask for 60% aggregate?
  3. What should I do after scoring 70% aggregate in Civil engineering
  4. What should I do after completing B.Tech? I am a 4th year B.Tech Civil Engineering student with 70% aggregate
  5. Am I eligible for placements if I have a backlog in 3-2?
  6. Will a backlog in first year affect my chances during placements?
  7. Am I eligible for campus placements with 80% in 10th,12th and 70% in B.E?
  8. Am I eligible for a job in government sector after scoring an aggregate of 74%?
  9. Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 1 year gap?
  10. How to get selected in campus placements after scoring 82% aggregate in 2nd year?
  11. Am I eligible for placements after M.tech in the companies that are coming for B.Tech recruitment in my college? I have scored above 70% marks in both year of M.Tech?
  12. I have 3 Gap Years, will I still be eligible for Placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible for Infosys Campus Placements after getting 6 ATKT's in 1st sem and 4 in 2nd sem?
  14. Am I eligible for TCS off campus placement after having 1 backlog in 3rd year with an aggregate of 69%?
  15. Will the cleared backlogs affect my placements in any way? I am having 64% aggregate
  16. How the core companies select the freshers? What are the steps to be followed? How to know about the off campus placements?
  17. For what kind of job will I be eligible(specially in government sector) after scoring 70% aggregate?
  18. From which semester infosys will ask for the marks aggregate to be eligible for campus placement?
15th May 2015, 11:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to maintain 60% aggregate in B.Tech 1st year to be eligible for placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am studying my b.tech(E.C.E) 3rd year in srm university , chennai
i have 80% in 10th , 85% in intermediatte , but i am having very less aggregate in my b.tech 1st year(less than 60%) due to health problem and 65% in my b.tech 2nd year.am very worried about my placement.plz tell me sir. am very depressed and tensed about my placement.will the companies consider my 1st year aggregate?
will it affect my placement?
and i can maintain atleast 60% aggregate at the completion of my 3 1(5th semester).if any companies come for placement at the end of my 3rd year, can i attend? and what should i do to get a good placement in:
TCS
WIPRO
MICROSOFT
INFOSYS
GOOGLE
ACCENTURE

please anwer my question sir.
thankyou :-)
If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for TCS, WIPRO, MICROSOFT, INFOSYS, GOOGLE and ACCENTURE.

TCS, WIPRO, MICROSOFT, INFOSYS, GOOGLE and ACCENTURE are reputed multinational company.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for TCS, WIPRO, MICROSOFT, INFOSYS, GOOGLE and ACCENTURE are,

TCS, Accenture= 60%
Wipro=50%
Infosys=65%
Microsoft, Google=70%

More than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for TCS, WIPRO, MICROSOFT, INFOSYS, GOOGLE and ACCENTURE recruitment.

Pattern for TCS, WIPRO, MICROSOFT, INFOSYS, GOOGLE and ACCENTURE written test:-

1. Quantitative /analytical reasoning (20 questions)
2. Verbal ability (20 questions)
3. Technical section (10questions)
15th May 2015, 12:59 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to maintain 60% aggregate in B.Tech 1st year to be eligible for placements?

There is no need to worry or get tensed, rather this is the time to act. You have good Percentage in your tenth and intermediate and you can definitely have a better percentage in your b.tech. It is true that most of the companies coming for placement drives will have 60℅ as their eligibility criteria especially the ones mentioned by you. However, the companies will not take into account the percentage received by you in each semester. They will take into account the aggregate percentage in the entire b.tech course preferably till sixth semester as they come for placement drive in fourth year. So you need to work hard, score good marks in the coming semesters and improve your b.tech aggregate percentage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?