19th December 2013, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Upgrading position from Civil Draughtsman to Project Manager?

I am an ITC civil draughtsman working in gulf, I would like to upgrade my position to civil engr. to proj manager, how its possible?

9th March 2014, 07:51 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Upgrading position from Civil Draughtsman to Project Manager?

To become a project manager from the civil draughtboard position you must have obtained at least 3 years experience in your Work profession.Basically draughtsmen prepare technical drawings,and he may follows the rules given by the production and construction workers.Draftsmen must be in a position to transfer the various concepts on to the paper,concentrate on work long period of time.With the hands on experience you may go for the Project manager field.

You can join project management course or else specializing in industry area so that you may go up to the role project manager.To become project manager you must have a minimum of Bachelor degree,so that you can easily enter to the Project management division.Having gaining good experience you may even intimate your understanding nature of project and manage the things effectively.Most of the companies,may ask your the Degree or areas you are experienced in.

To become project manager you must be with a degree background.You must have good negotiation and organizational skills along with the strong written and verbal communication.Associate degree in civil engineering generally of a two year program,where you can be allocated to research and soil testing factors and more.Soon after this qualification you may go for the Bachelor of science in civil engineering which is of four to five years program,after that you may go for Master of science in civil engineering.Remember more the degree more the opportunities and more the salary you may demand.With the experience you may even go for higher positions.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?