19th September 2015, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

What is the CGPA requirement for getting campus interview for B.E mechanical engineering?

Hi,

I am a B.E. mechanical ENGINEERING 1st yr student. How much CGPA should i have at the end, to get placement in core company? Can someone please guide me on this? It will be helpful if you can give me the complete answer on the same!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to attend TCS Off-Campus Interview if secured 61% in 10th, 53% in 12th and 6.68 CGPA in B.Tech?
  2. How should I crack the B.E Mechanical engineering via campus interview? I am a mechanical engineer
  3. How to get a Job being a candidate having low CGPA and not placed through Campus Interview?
  4. Diploma mechanical engineering campus interview question papers with answers? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Whether 10th percentage is considerable for Accenture On-Campus Interview? Am I eligible to attend this Interview if secured 54% in 10th, 88% in 12th and 6.92 CGPA till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  6. Am I eligible to attend TCS Off-Campus Interview if secured 75.67% in 10th, 65.71% in 12th and 6.71 CGPA upto 3rd year of B.Tech(EIE)?
  7. Possibility to attend Infosys Off-campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 84% in B.E.(Mechanical Engineering), 54% in 12th and 75% in 10th standard?
  8. Can I appear for direct interview in TCS campus placement if I have 8 CGPA in MCA?
  9. Can I get a mechanical engineering job with 5.85 CGPA?
  10. Eligibility for DRDO exam after 60% marks in B.Tech?
  11. Off campus interview for final year B.E mechanical engineering students?
  12. Eligibility to attend CTS On-Campus Interview for a candidate who has secured 71.2% in 10th, 59.6% in 12th and 8.37 CGPA till 3rd year of B.Tech(CSE)?
  13. What is the chance to get placement through campus selection? I am a student of IIT Roorkee of mechanical engineering department
  14. Frequently asked questions for mechanical engineering?
  15. When TCS will take off-campus interview in Bhopal? Am I eligible to attend interview if secured 90% in 10th, 74% in 12th and 6.8 CGPA in B.E.?
  16. When Mahindra & Mahindra will take Off-Campus Interview in Mumbai? Eligibility to get placement for B.Tech Mechanical Engineer?
  17. Details of Mechanical jobs other than designing in core companies after Mechanical engineering with CGPA 8?
  18. Tips to crack the campus interview after B.E Mechanical?
19th September 2015, 07:16 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the CGPA requirement for getting campus interview for B.E mechanical engineering?

You must have at least 6/6.7 CGPA in your B.E course to be eligible in most of the companies of your domain as well as IT domain depending on the point scale which your college follows. Usually, 60% is the eligibility bar kept by most of the companies. Hence, if your college follows a 10-point scale then 6 CGPA is enough and if it follows a 9 point scale then 6.7 CGPA is required. However, higher your CGPA stronger will be your demand for the job role since many times many companies go for further shortlisting process based on CGPA to minimize the number of candidates for their interview/recruitment round/process. Hence aim to score high from the beginning.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?