23rd March 2015, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

What should I prepare before joining if selected in TCS as an Assistant System Engineer?

Hello everyone,
I have completed my B.Tech in EEE and
I got a placement in TCS as an Assistant System Engineer.
What are the preparations that
should be made by me before joining TCS?

28th March 2015, 11:34 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I prepare before joining if selected in TCS as an Assistant System Engineer?

It is nice to hear that you have been selected in TCS and will be joining as an Assistant System Engineer. It is good to see that you are looking forward to study some stuff in order to do well in TCS training and then in job. Normally the implementation and study for real world industry is completely different than what we study in our curriculum since they work under various constraints and work with the latest technologies.

There will be many more tests in TCS after which you will be allotted projects. SO you need to do well in training and those tests. The prerequisites for them is logical reasoning and coding. These are the skills which you need to incorporate to do well in your training and then in job. So do programming, try to solve questions on various competitive platforms like topcoder, hackerearth, etc. and keep on practicing general aptitude questions.
15th April 2015, 11:04 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: What should I prepare before joining if selected in TCS as an Assistant System Engineer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone,
I have completed my B.Tech in EEE and
I got a placement in TCS as an Assistant System Engineer.
What are the preparations that
should be made by me before joining TCS?

Before Joining the TCS the following Preparation should be made by you, since you are selected for the profile of the System Engineer :

1. Clear all the Technical skill one more time.
2. Do some real time project for short period if possible.
3. Study the role of System Engineer.
4. Study the company working Environment.
21st April 2015, 01:16 PM
eswar467

Default Re: What should I prepare before joining if selected in TCS as an Assistant System Engineer?

Before joining TCS,we were asked to complete PAT(Pre Assessment Test).TCS will provide course materials,PPTs,Interactive Video tutorials on almost all languages like C,JAVA,DBMS,Oracle etc along with some communication tutorials.Please follow then and that will be well sufficient to launch your career in TCS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?