28th December 2014, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

Will I be allowed to join if got placed in iGATE but failed in a subject of B.Tech 7th semester?

hi
i got placed in iGATE this year but unfortunately
i failed in ONE subject in b.tech 7th sem.
will i be allowed to join igate?
will they extend t date of joining?

29th December 2014, 09:03 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be allowed to join if got placed in iGATE but failed in a subject of B.Tech 7th semester?

I am sorry to state that you will not be eligible for iGATE employment if you have a backlog in your B.Tech course. On completion of your B.Tech course, you should not have any backlog. When you will join them, the company will check all the documents and your academic background. If they find that you have a backlog at that time then they will just sack you. However, if you have a backlog during your course, then there is no issue provided you clear the backlog well before the joining or before completion of your B.Tech course. The prime point is when you will join you should not have an existing backlog.
29th December 2014, 09:45 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Will I be allowed to join if got placed in iGATE but failed in a subject of B.Tech 7th semester?

JOINING iGATE WITH BACKLOGS:

You should have been more careful in your exams being already placed in a company as that's the only thing required to be done after getting placed. Anyways now you need to make sure that you will clear the paper by end of 8th semester which is all needed for you to join in iGate as they will be asking for the completion certificate once you join in the company.

So, make sure that you work hard for one more semester and clear all the papers in the last semester. Talk to your college professors and HOD and figure out all the possible way to clear the backlog as soon as possible. Most of the colleges use to have supplementary exams so if you have those make sure you apply it and clear before 8th semester itself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?