11th February 2015, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?

Hello
My son is 10 years old.
Now he is studying 4th standard in CBSE .
We try to join him in a new school (CBSE),
they are not agreeing for 5th standard.
They are ready to give seat for 4th standard.
b'ce of his age. Is it correct .

Related Questions:
  1. Rules and regulations for admission in CBSE school through Transfer Certificate?
  2. Admission for 4th standard (CBSE syllabus) in other branches of Sathya Sai Baba school?
  3. Admission in 11th CBSE for a candidate who has a gap of 2 years after 10th?
  4. Will my daughter be considered as a local candidate if she studied in Hyderabad upto 4th standard and rest in Mumbai and AP?
  5. When to try for admission at Navy school? What to do?
  6. Whether a 15 years old candidate appear in 10th CBSE Board examination?
  7. Age required for admission in LKG standard of CBSE school? Will there be problem in 10th standard?
  8. Can I apply for Karnataka CET as a Local candidate if studied 4 years in Singapore?
  9. Eligibility for appearing in Xth CBSE exams of 2015?
  10. Can I get admission in class 12th CBSE after failing 12th CBSE in 3 subjects? Do I have to appear as a private candidate? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the age limit for CBSC 10th exam?
  12. Will I get admission in any CBSE affiliated school after passing 10th exam as a private CBSE candidate?
  13. What is the total fee structure for Port Management?
  14. Can I give CBSE 10th Board exam externally without registering with the school?
  15. List of cheap CBSE or WBBSE affiliated government schools which offer admission in 5th standard in Durgapur?
  16. List of CBSE Schools in Jaipur which offers admission in 1st standard?
  17. List of CBSE affiliated schools which offer admission in 1st standard with low fee structure in Coimbatore
  18. How to join Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE? What is the procedure?
12th February 2015, 07:51 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?

[B]Rules and Regulations of CBSE to get Admission[/B

According to the CBSE Board the minimum age is 10 years to get admission in V class. As the minimum age criteria for appearing board examination is 15 years. so your son is definitely eligible to get admission in V class.
13th February 2015, 12:26 AM
anair

Default Re: According to CBSE norms a 10 years old candidate get admission in 4th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
My son is 10 years old.
Now he is studying 4th standard in CBSE .
We try to join him in a new school (CBSE),
they are not agreeing for 5th standard.
They are ready to give seat for 4th standard.
b'ce of his age. Is it correct .
This is not true at all. Go for another school if this school is not letting your son take admission into class 5. Being 10 years old he is supposed to be in 5th class.
There is no reason to listen to them. He will end up losing an year if he is put in class 4 now. Search for another good school in your locality.
11th February 2017, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

What is a different from CBSE & state board, which one is best for medical, becoz my daughter studying state board 4th std. her aim is medical its possible to here, otherwise should I change to CBSE school?
19th February 2017, 02:24 PM
namit65786
Junior Member+

Yes, child of 10 yrs old is eligible to get admission in class 5th, if he has completed his class 4th as per cbse norms. If the school in not giving seat for your child in class 5 you need to talk to the school administration seeking for reason.
29th May 2018, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

My son date of birth is 21.05.2009 he completed his grade 4 in one cbse international school. But we want change to other school they said he was in age problem so we admitted in grade 4 only. Is it true?
8th May 2020, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

My brother age is 8 yrs is he eligible to get admission in 3rd grade as cbse norms?
12th May 2020, 09:40 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

--As per the latest norms of CBSE,minimum age is 7 years and maximum if of 9 years.

--So your child is eligible to join in 3rd grade .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?