27th June 2015, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in NEET if pursuing 12th NIOS?

Hello Sir,
I am studying 12th Science from NIOS Board.
I want to give NEET entrance exam. So,
I want to know that I am eligible to give NEET?
Please reply as soon as possible.
With Regards-
Navjot Ranga

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for NEET if completed 12th from NIOS Board? What is Odisha JEE specially for?
  2. Eligibility to apply in NEET for 12th NIOS student?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in CLAT if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  4. Am I eligible to apply in NEET if pursuing 12th GSEB?
  5. Whether NIOS Stream-IV candidate is eligible to appear in CMC, AIIMS or NEET MBBS entrance exams?
  6. Can I apply for AFMC entrance exam and NEET to study MBBS if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in IGNOU B.Tech entrance exam if pursuing 12th PCM from NIOS?
  8. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  9. Can I do Computer courses along with pursuing 12th NIOS?
  10. Can I face any problem while apply for job after completing B.Tech if pursuing 12th from NIOS?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in 12th NIOS if having gap of a year after 10th NIOS? Will it create problem at the time of pursuing graduation?
  12. Can I apply in B.Sc, B.Tech or B.H.M.S program if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS? Whether NIOS degree has any value in UK and US?
  13. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I appear for NEET entrance exam? I am a student of NIOS
  15. Possibility to study B.Tech in Abroad for 12th NIOS student?
  16. Whether 12th class passed student from NIOS board is eligible for any course in Merchant Navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible to apply for IPS exam after graduation if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in NATA if pursuing 12th from NIOS Board?
29th June 2015, 05:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NEET if pursuing 12th NIOS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am studying 12th Science from NIOS Board.
I want to give NEET entrance exam. So,
I want to know that I am eligible to give NEET?
Please reply as soon as possible.
With Regards-
Navjot Ranga
Yes, you are eligible for NEET exam after completion of 12th standard.

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.
29th June 2015, 06:41 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for NEET exam:

You should have passed 12th standard with Physics,Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks take together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology at the qualifying examination.

Minimum age is 17 years and upper age limit is 25 years.

Appearing in qualifying examination are also eligible for NEET exam.
29th June 2015, 08:16 PM
reconnect

Yes dear, Definitely you are eligible to give the entrance exam of NEET. If you pursuing your 12th from NIOS board then, there will be no issue.
NIOS board is also considered as a recognized board of India. People thinks that the NIOS has no value due to its open schooling but, it is not very much true.

You can give any entrance exam and take admission in any college of India as a student of NIOS without any problem.
ALL THE BEST TO YOU FOR THE ENTRANCE EXAM OF NEET AND FOR YOUR FUTUTE.
29th June 2015, 09:37 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for NEET :

>> You should complete " 10+2 " from the recognized board.

>> And having Physics, Chemistry and Biology " are the main subjects in 12th and should get a at least 50% of marks and there is a percentage relaxation for the reserved candidates .

>> Having English as the main language.

>> Minimum Age should be 17 years and Maximum Age should be 25 years. There is a Age relaxation available for the reserved candidates.

And actually there is a All India quota about 15% for All states except Andhra Pradesh and Jammu Kashmir.
30th June 2015, 03:26 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

NIOS is a recognized board and you are eligible to appear for the NEET Entrance Examination.
The Certificates issued by the NIOS Board is considered equal to the rest of the certificates issued by the various other Boards.
So if you are having the eligible marks then you are eligible to appear for the NEET Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?