9th April 2015, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in NATA if pursuing 12th from NIOS Board?

Friends,
I am giving my 12th Board exams from NIOS Board.
I would like to know that I am eligible for giving
NATA? Please let me know if this is possible for me?
Please reply as soon as possible.

13th April 2015, 02:07 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NATA if pursuing 12th from NIOS Board?

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for NATA.

NIOS is a recognised board and of almost of equal importance a other educational boards.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for a candidate to appear or NATA, kindly have a look at it.

Eligibility for NATA:

> Aspirants should have passed Higher Secondary Examination (HSE) or its equivalent examination from a recognized University or Board or Institute to apply for this exam.

> Aspirants currently appearing for the 10+2 exam are also eligible to attend the exam.

> Aspirants should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in the qualifying examination.

> Aspirants must have at least 50% marks in the qualifying examination and also in Mathematics separately.

> Aspirants should be physically and mentally fit at the time of exam.
13th April 2015, 06:15 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NATA if pursuing 12th from NIOS Board.

NIOS board is recognised by all entrance exams for under graduation course in India.

Nata stands for National Aptitude Test in Architecture. It is entrance exam for the course of B.Arch course in various colleges in India.

Eligibility for NATA exam :

Candidate must have completed his/her 12th class from any recognised board with minimum 50% marks.

To get admission in B.Arch course through NATA, you need to score 40% marks in NATA exam that is 80 out of 200 marks.
13th April 2015, 06:38 PM
saritaupadhyay
Member+

The Council of Architecture (COA),through its academic unit-National Institute of Advanced studies in Architecture at pune is conducting a National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) for admission to five years of course in B.Arch. The admission of candidates to first year 5 year B.Arch degree course shall be subject their passing an aptitude test in architect.

Eligibility Criteria:

10+2 with mathematics as a subject of examination with at least 50% from recognized board.

Yes you are eligible to apply for NATA exam but only after passing of 12th examination. NIOS is a recognized board so no need to worry.
13th April 2015, 07:08 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

* The candidate who have completed his/her 10+2 or Equivalent from recognized Board/University with Mathematics as a subject f examination with at least 50% of aggregate can eligible for appear in NATA.

* The candidate who have completed his/her 10+2 from NIOS Board are eligible for applying Exam of NATA. NIOS Passed students has full authority and eligibility to appear in various competitive Exam.

* National Institute of Open Schooling is equivalent to other school boards like CBSE, ICSE, etc. So you can eligible to appear in the NATA Exam.
13th April 2015, 07:57 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I am giving my 12th Board exams from NIOS Board.
I would like to know that I am eligible for giving
NATA? Please let me know if this is possible for me?
Please reply as soon as possible.
If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for NATA exam otherwise not.

Applicants who have passed SSC (Class 10th) or equivalent examination can appear for NATA exam but are not eligible for the B.Arch admissions.

Those candidates who have passed 10+ 2 or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are eligible for NATA exam. You must have studied Mathematics as a main subject in 10+2 or equivalent.
14th April 2015, 09:19 PM
kunalroy89

You ARE perfectly eligible for appearing in NATA.
NIOS is equivalent to other boards and your Higher Secondary results from NIOS are as valid as that from any other state or central board.
But you must fulfill other criteria for NATA as well.
You can appear for NATA only if you have Mathematics in your 12th subjects.
You must pass 12th with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and in Maths as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?