17th June 2019, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in TNPSC exams being an NIOS student?

Hi Sir/Madam, I am giving my Board exam of 12th standard with NIOS Board. I am a Science student and I would like to know that am I eligible to give TNPSC exams if I am an NIOS student? Please let me know immediately.

19th June 2019, 06:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in TNPSC exams being an NIOS student?

NIOS is a government recognised open schooling board and if you have any such qualification then no need to worry because it is surely valid for any government job or higher education course in India. You can apply for any state government or central government job based on your NIOS qualification.

Only private companies and foreign universities may have issues with NIOS because they have different rules but in any government recognised job or course you can surely apply.
19th June 2019, 08:40 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and same is one of the three national board of education in India other than CBSE and ICSE and hence any degree course pursued from the same board is acceptable and valid for admission to any degree course or job applications as well and therefore the eligibility criteria for NIOS board candidates for appearing in the TNPSC examination remains the same as that for candidates from any other recognized board of education.

For more detailed information regarding the TNPSC examination, you can refer to the link www.tnpsc.gov.in.
20th June 2019, 01:28 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

TNPSC examination is conducted for recruitment in state service.

The required minimum eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised board.

The age limit is 21-32 years.

Since, NIOS is a recognised board and affiliated with MHRD. Candidates are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree course and after that become eligible for the examination.
20th June 2019, 02:44 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is a board of education under the Union Government of India. So, certificates issued by NIOS is acceptable all over the world. That's why, you are eligible to appear in TNPSC exams being an NIOS student. Though, I would like to request you to take a look on below mentioned eligible criteria of TNPSC exam.

>> Candidates age must be between 21 to 35 years. Age relaxation is as per govt rules.

>> Candidates must complete class 10+2 to be eligible for all group exams of TNPSC.
16th June 2022, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Iam TN government employed my promotion eligible nios certificate?
23rd April 2023, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

I am.TN Government Employee my promotion Eligible for nios certificate
30th April 2023, 11:37 AM
Ar_pit

NIOS is a recognized board under the Ministry of Education, and its qualifications are considered equivalent to those offered by other recognized boards. Therefore, if you have completed your 10th or 12th standard from NIOS, you are eligible to appear for TNPSC exams.

Yes, you are eligible to appear in TNPSC (Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission) exams even if you are a student of NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling).
30th May 2023, 08:03 PM
eduking

NIOS is a recognized qualification in India and it will surely be valid for TNPSC jobs if you fulfill the job eligibility criteria. Just make sure you fulfill the age and subject criteria for the job you are applying for. Selection will be on merit based on your performance in the written exam and other stages of selection.

NIOS is a recognized board of open schooling in India and it is certainly valid for all government jobs and higher education purposes. The only concern regarding NIOS is private sector jobs, especially in US-based companies where open schooling is not considered.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?