17th August 2015, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for direct NDA SSB if secured 71.40% in 12th RBSE PCM?

Hello All,
I have secured 71.40% in 12th PCM of RBSE Board. I want to know that I am eligible for direct NDA SSB or not? Please reply as soon as possible.

20th August 2015, 11:11 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for direct NDA SSB if secured 71.40% in 12th RBSE PCM?

No, you are not eligible to apply for direct NDA SSB even if you have secured 71% aggregate marks in your 12th standard PCM from RBSE Board. To be eligible to appear for NDA SSB, the candidate must have to appear and qualify written examination. Without appearing in NDA written examination, the candidate is not eligible to apply for NDA SSB.
21st August 2015, 12:52 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for direct NDA SSB if secured 71.40% in 12th RBSE PCM?

I am sorry to say you that, you are not eligible for direct NDA SSB after class 12th.
Those who have done diploma of Education Officer, they can get a chance for direct SSB for NDA.
There is no direct entry on the basis of 12th mark sheet.
You will have to go through the normal procedure.
You can have a look at www.csdefence.org/nda.htm for more details.
21st August 2015, 01:38 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for NDA exams after securing 71.40% marks in 12th class.

Age of candidate must be from 16.5 to 19 years.

NDA doesn't provide direct SSB chance, you have to pass written exam first.

Selection procedure in NDA :

Written exam
SSB Interview
Medical Test

For more details please visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in
22nd August 2015, 11:20 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello All,
I have secured 71.40% in 12th PCM of RBSE Board. I want to know that I am eligible for direct NDA SSB or not? Please reply as soon as possible.
You are eligible for NDA exam but you can not apply direct to NDA SSB exam.

Selection criteria for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
23rd August 2015, 12:54 AM
sumitrahul76

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.
To join NDA,students need to qualify NDA/NA examination being conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) twice every year in the month of April and September.
There is also another way to join Defence is through TCS.
Through TCS , student will have to directly appear in SSB interview without any written examination .
To appear in TCS, minimum 70% marks is required but for selection above 85% marks is generally necessary.
So, you can apply but you may not be selected for SSB interview.
It is better to qualify NDA/NA examination instead of going through TCS which seems impossible with 71.40 % marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?