9th January 2013, 12:00 AM
Ramheta nayak

Can I apply for direct SSB interview after scoring 80% marks in PCM in intermediate?

I got 80% marks with pcm in intermediate so can i apply for direct ssb interviwe

19th March 2013, 08:03 PM
krrishh_002

Default Re: Can I apply for direct SSB interview after scoring 80% marks in PCM in intermediate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramheta nayak View Post
I got 80% marks with pcm in intermediate so can i apply for direct ssb interviwe
SSB stands for Service Selection Board and no one can apply it directly.

SSB is a interview process in defence Army, navy or Air force before going to that every one has to crack the written Examination conducted by them.

After 12th you can apply for National Defence Academy-NDA

NDA requires:

• A 12th pass with 60% marks with maths and physics subject.
  • Age with 16.5 to 19 years
  • unmarried male
  • Indian Citizen.
  • minimum height 162cm for male, 152 for female with correlated weight.
  • eye 6/6 or 6/12 with specs.
Examination pattern:

English
maths
general knowledge

each 300 marks total 900 marks.

After passing through this only you will be called by SSB for interview and other training process like Screening exam , group discussion, medical fitness etc.

its a 5 day process and the moment you got fail you will be sent home.

Rail or bus fair will be given by them only.

hope you got it.

All the best!
20th March 2013, 07:52 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for direct SSB interview after scoring 80% marks in PCM in intermediate?

Dear Ramheta,

The Full Form of SSB is Service Selection Board.

There is no procedure for the direct application for SSB Interview no matter how much marks you have in 12th wthetehr 80% or 100%.

The SSB Interview is conducted in NDA and CDS Examinations after the selection of success full canddiates of written examination.

So , if you want to go for the SSB interview then its mandatory for you to pass the written examination first at any cost.

The Examination pattern Of The NDA Examination including the SSB Interview is mentioned here and i hope it will clear all your doubts regarding your query.

The NDA Exam Pattern :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
20th March 2013, 02:01 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Ramheta,

The acronym for SSB is Service Selection Board.

Sorry to say that you cannot apply directly for SSB interview.

SSB interview is conducted for defence sector jobs.

SSB interview is conducted after written examination of NDA(National Defence Academy) and CDS(Combined Defence Services) for those contendors who are selected in written examination.

So, first of all, you should apply for NDA examination and crack this examination, then definitely, you can go for SSB interview.
20th March 2013, 07:05 PM
eiidelhi
Junior Member+

SSB stands for Sashastra Seema Bal

There is no procedure for direct interivew, first you'll have to fill application form after that written exam after that interview.
20th March 2013, 07:07 PM
eiidelhi
Junior Member+

SSB stands for Sashastra Seema Bal

There is no procedure for direct interivew, first you'll have to fill application form after that written exam after that interview.
21st March 2013, 10:32 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

You have not mentioned the specific name of the examination after which you will be eligible for the direct SSB due to which lots of members has replied that you are not eligible for the direct SSB and there is no provision for direct SSB.

SSB is the Service Selection Board which is the second stage of NDA and CDS exam that if you clear the written test then you are eligible for the SSB.

The specific name for the examination for direct SSB is Technical Entry scheme at 10+2 level and University Entry scheme at bachelor's degree level.

In technical entry scheme ,application are invited by the Indian army for the recruitment of officers in it.Candidates who has obtained more than 75% marks in PCM at 10+2 level from a recognized board are eligible to apply for the exam.

Since you have secured 80% in it ,so you can apply for the TES which is held twice every year by the Army at the http://joinindianarmy.nic.in.

Based on the no of application received ,the panel sets a minimum cut off and letters are dispatched to the candidates who PCM % is above the minimum cut off.

Hope the information helps you.If you still have any confusion then leave your message here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
30th March 2013, 03:10 PM
shrish777
Senior Member+

Dear Friend,

Not at all, you can't apply for direct SSB interview.

There is no such provision for directly applying for SSB interview.

SSB interview process is organized by Combined Defence Services and National Defence Academy exams after the written exam.

Only the selected opponents are preferable for SSB interview process.

So, firstly, you crack anyone of these two exams with good marks, then you apply for SSB interview process.

Thanks.

31st March 2013, 10:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have got 80% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Maths then you can apply for TES(Technical Entry Scheme).

TES is the only option for which there is no written examination after 10+2 with PCM.

The minimum percentage for TES is 75% in PCM subjects. This entry scheme if only for Indian Army

You have got 80% means you are definitely eligible to apply for TES.

Just apply in the prescribed format of application when the notification are announced.

The screening of all the application received in done by the Board and those who are found suitable will be called for SSB Interview.

The selection will be totally based on the performance in the SSB Interview and Medical Examination.

So you must be very well prepared for the SSB if you really want to beat other competitors.

You can also apply for NDA exam but there will be written examination also before the SSB interview.

For more information visit http://www.indianarmy.nic.in
3rd August 2013, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

Being a girl can i apply for ssb??
29th May 2014, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,I have got 77% in pcm this year . Can I get a call for Ssb ? Please reply as fast as possible.
Thank you
29th May 2018, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

I have got 80 percent marks in pcm class 12 can i have any chance of getting a direct ssb interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?