15th August 2015, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Which is better among State Board and CBSE to study in 11th standard for preparing JEE Advanced?

Hello,
I am currently studying in 10th CBSE. I am confused whether to take admission in State Board for 11th or continue with CBSE. Actually I want to prepare for JEE Advanced. So, which will be better for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  2. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  4. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study in 11th standard?
  5. Can I get transfer in State Board to study in 11th standard if preparing for 10th CBSE school exam?
  6. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and Andhra Pradesh State Board to study in 11th standard?
  7. Which Board is better among CBSE and Karnataka State Board for Higher Secondary Education? Coaching classes for JEE Advanced in Karnataka?
  8. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th Science?
  9. Which is better for 11th standard CBSE board or Karnataka state board?
  10. Possibility of transfer from CBSE Board to Kerala State Board for study in 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the value of doing in state and CBSE board? Which would be better to join IIT in future?
  12. Can I join 11th in state board if I have completed 10th in CBSE?
  13. What subject should I choose in 11th and 12th CBSE or State Board to appear for JEE Main and Advance?
  14. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  15. Should I change board from CBSE to State Board if seeking to prepare for JEE?
  16. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th for Aerospace Engineer aspirant?
  17. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and ISC? Which one is suitable for preparation of JEE Main & Advanced?
  18. Is there any special quota for Gujarat State Board candidate in JEE Main and Advanced?
22nd August 2015, 03:56 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which is better among State Board and CBSE to study in 11th standard for preparing JEE Advanced?

It is best to stick with the CBSE Board as the JEE Main and Advanced have an almost identical syllabus to that CBSE Board.
NCERT Syllabus that is followed by the CBSE Board is the Board which conducts the JEE Main and Advanced Entrance Examinations.
Further you have studied till Class 10 in the CBSE Board so it is best for you to continue with the CBSE Board to prepare for the JEE Main and Advanced Examination.
23rd August 2015, 12:39 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which is better among State Board and CBSE to study in 11th standard for preparing JEE Advanced?

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.
It is better to study in CBSE instead of any state board because syllabus followed by CBSE is the best for preparation of JEE .
JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.
It is conducted by CBSE every year in the month of April for admission in various engineering colleges basically for Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and National Institute of Technology(NIT) and also for other colleges.

But students prefer state board over CBSE board as minimum marks required to appear in JEE Advance for state board is lower than that of CBSE.

But , it is better to study in CBSE as their syllabus is best for preparation for entrance and other competitive examinaton.
23rd August 2015, 03:19 AM
sumitrahul76

CBSE stands for central board of secondary education. The prescribed syllabus in CBSE is best of the students appearing entrance examination like JEE(joint entrance examination)

As CBSE conducts JEE therefore the central board will be the best option instead of any state board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?