3rd June 2016, 08:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to enroll for JEE Main if Maths is my 6th Optional subject?

My main 5 subjects of cbse include english , physics , chemistry , physical education and biology. I have taken maths as 6th optional subject. Am i eligible for enrolling for Jee Main ?

4th June 2016, 06:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to enroll for JEE Main if Maths is my 6th Optional subject?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My main 5 subjects of cbse include english , physics , chemistry , physical education and biology. I have taken maths as 6th optional subject. Am i eligible for enrolling for Jee Main ?
Mathematics is your optional paper in 12th standard, so you are eligible for JEE Main exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks from a recognized board are eligible for JEE Main exam. But your 12th standard subject must be Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
4th June 2016, 08:58 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to enroll for JEE Main if Maths is my 6th Optional subject?

To be eligible to apply for JEE Main examination, you must have passed 12th standard with MPC stream (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects) from a recognised board. Since, you have pursued your 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects, you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
4th June 2016, 10:01 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for JEE(Main) examination as you have not studied Maths as one of your main subject. You should have studied PCM as your main subjects to be eligible to appear for JEE(Main) examination.

Therefore, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for it.
4th June 2016, 10:48 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have passed class 12th with all the six subjects then surely you will be eligible for JEE Main. You need to pass in PCM subjects to become eligible for this entrance exam.

Hence, no need to worry because it doesn't matter if it was optional if you have passed in maths subject.
18th February 2019, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I have taken maths as my 6th optional subject...mymy subjects are Bengali, English, Physics, Biological Science, Mathematics...can I sit for JEE Main????
3rd May 2019, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

I am a PCM students but mathematics become my optional subject in 12th because I failed in maths and I have taken 6 subjects So how can I give JEE can you please help me
30th August 2020, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Can i give Jee advance with physic, chemistry, Biology and mathmatics(optional=
9th April 2021, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

English:-78
Hindi:-77
Physics:-81
Chemistry:-66
Biology:-75
Math:-53(Additional)
Kya mai jee mains den ke liye eligibile hu
Please bataiye%uD83D%uDE4F%uD83E%uDD7A
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?