28th May 2016, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a candidate with 95% in 12th CBSE?

Hello Everyone,
I am going to get 95% in CBSE 12th Board exam of this year. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced? Please reply as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a candidate with 95% in 12th CBSE? -- [New]
  2. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th Science CBSE Private candidate?
  3. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  4. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?
  5. CBSE schools which provide JEE Advanced coaching classes in Karnataka?
  6. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main and Advanced to study in IIT, IIIT and NIT for a General candidate who has secured 75.6% in 12th CBSE?
  7. Chances to apply for JEE Advanced for a candidate who has secured 85% in 12th CBSE and expecting 97 marks in JEE Main?
  8. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  9. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  10. Should I migrate to CBSE Board for easier preparation of JEE Main and Advanced?
  11. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th BSEB candidate?
  12. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced through NIOS improvement exam having secured 76% in 12th CBSE?
  13. Am I eligible for IIT at an age of 16? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Should I repeat 12th to appear in JEE Advanced if secured 58.7% in 12th CBSE?
  15. How can I apply for next year JEE Main and Advanced without attempting 12th CBSE Compartmental exam?
  16. Is it tough to prepare for JEE Advanced for 11th CBSE candidate?
  17. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  18. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
29th May 2016, 05:57 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a candidate with 95% in 12th CBSE?

According to eligibility criteria of JEE, the candidate :

* Must have appeared or going to appear in the qualifying exam i.e. 12th standard

* The subjects in the 12th standard must have a combination of Maths + Physics

* The maximum age should not exceed 22 years.

* would get only 3 attempts for the JEE.

So, if you fulfill the above mentioned criteria, you are eligible to apply for JEE Mains.

Once you qualify the Mains exam, then you will be able to appear for the JEE Advanced.
29th May 2016, 09:18 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced for a candidate with 95% in 12th CBSE?

Eligibility criteria to apply for JEE Advanced exam 2017 are as under :-

-The candidate must have qualified in JEE Main 2017.

-The candidate belonging to open category must have born on or after October 1, 1991 and SC/ST/PwD candidate should have born on or after October 1, 1987 .

-Date of birth mentioned in the Secondary Education Board/University certificate will be considered as correct.

-The candidate should have passed 12th with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science / Bio-technology as optional subjects .

-The candidate who have passed 12th class or equivalent in the year 2015 or 2016 or appearing for 12th examination in 2017 are eligible for the exam .

-A candidate can appear in JEE Advanced only two times consecutively.
29th May 2016, 09:24 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

First of all I congratulate you for your outstanding performance in board exam. You are interested to know about the eligibility to appear in JEE Advance exam. JEE Advance is conducted every year for getting admission in different IIT and ISM Dhanbad.

Following are the eligibility criteria to appear in JEE Advance:

--Student must qualify the JEE Main exam with rank less than 1, 50,000.

--Besides the above condition you have to satisfy at least one of the two criteria given below:

>>You must be in the top 20 percentile of successful aspirants of their respective Boards (or equivalent examination) in their respective categories.

>>You have to score 75% (for GEN/ OBC - NCL) or 70% (for SC/ ST/ PD) in their respective boards (or equivalent examinations).

------>If the Board does not provide the information regarding the same, then you will have to produce a certificate from the concerned Board stating that you falls within the top 20 percentile.

----->If you fails to do so, then the CBSE percentile will be used as the criteria for deciding minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination.

----->If the Board awards only letter grades (without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet) the you have to obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling.

----->In case such a certificate is not provided the decision taken by the Joint Implementation Committee (JIC) of JEE (Advanced) will be final.
29th May 2016, 09:48 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination, you must have to appear, qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination and also you must have secured an aggregate of minimum 75% marks in your 12th standard board examinations. So, if you qualify and secure top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
29th May 2016, 11:41 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in JEE Advanced Examination:

Joint Entrance Examination basically consists of two examinations. They are,
>> JEE Mains
>> JEE Advanced

The basic eligibility criteria required for appearing in JEE Mains Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university.

@ Eligibility for B.E/ B.Tech: Language, Physics, Mathematics and any one of the subjects (Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology, Technical Vocational subject), Any other subject with minimum 45% marks.

@ Eligibility for B.Arch/ Planning: Mathematics as a subject along with 50% marks aggregate.

Important Note: Those who successfully clear JEE Main Examination and whether you are eligible for JEE Main Exam or not basically depends upon the JEE Main Examination. Yes, you must be among the top 2,00,000 in JEE Main Examination.
29th May 2016, 01:30 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Joint Entrance Examination Advanced will be conducted by seven zonal Indian Institutes of Technology under the guidance of Joint Admission Board.

->>The candidates who qualify in the Paper 1 of JEE Main are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced

->>Candidates must have secured 60% (55% for SC/ST/PD) in their Class XII or equivalent examination

->>Candidates must be in the top 20 percentile of their respective boards and categories.
29th May 2016, 02:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is held by CBSE once every year for selection of students for their B.Tech/B.Planning/B.Arch course from IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM and other CFTIs.

JEE is held in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advance respectively.

--> For appearing in JEE Main, you must have the qualifications given below:-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 17 years to 25 years till the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation of 5 years is applicable for SC/ST and PH candidates.

* You must have completed your higher secondary degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects with a minimum of 60% aggregate ( in case of SC/ST and PH candidates it must be above 50% aggregate ) from a recognized institute.

--> For appearing in JEE Advance, you need to qualify JEE Main along with that much aggregate in your board examination which makes you lie within top 20% students of your board examination or 75% aggregate in ( your board examination ).

So having secured 95% in CBSE Class 12th board examination, you have fulfilled the criteria of board aggregate but meanwhile you will have to qualify JEE Main too for appearing in JEE Advance.

For more detailed information about JEE, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
29th May 2016, 03:20 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination.

Through Joint Entrance Examination, candidates are admitted in government engineering college like National Institute of Technology, Indian Institute of Technology etc.

The eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced that candidate will have to first clear JEE Main exam and score 75% marks in 10+2 board examination. Then only, you can apply for JEE Advanced exam.
29th May 2016, 04:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am going to get 95% in CBSE 12th Board exam of this year. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Advanced? Please reply as soon as possible. Waiting for your reply.
You have got 95% marks in 12th standard in CBSE board, so you are eligible for JEE Advanced exam.

Candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
29th May 2016, 08:06 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

*You can not directly appear for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced stage. JEE Advanced is second stage of examination. Only those candidates who clear JEE Main exam and have 75% marks in board exam are eligible to apply for JEE advanced exam.

*It is not possible for any candidate having 95% marks in board to directly apply for JEE Advanced. You must first apply for JEE Main exam and after clearing which you can apply for JEE Advanced exam.
29th May 2016, 11:13 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
There are some eligibility criteria available for JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) Advanced examination. The marks scored in the JEE Mains – candidate should be among the top 2, 00,000 by scoring positive marks in paper 1 of JEE Main 2016. You can attempt JEE Advanced 2 times. The website link is Official website. So you have to appear and score good marks in the JEE Main to appear for JEE Advanced examination. You are eligible for JEE Main examination with your marks.
29th May 2016, 11:25 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for JEE Advance examination if you have scored 95% in CBSE 10+2 board examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed Mains examination and also must be among candidates who are in 20 percentile list.

So, you are eligible and after qualifying in examination become eligible for admission in IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?