21st July 2015, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IIT JEE with one year gap after 12th?

Sir,

I have passed 12th class from MP Board. I am a Hindi medium student. I want to know that am i eligible for IIT JEE with one year drop after 12th?

21st July 2015, 09:45 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IIT JEE with one year gap after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I have passed 12th class from MP Board. I am a Hindi medium student. I want to know that am i eligible for IIT JEE with one year drop after 12th?
You have completed 12th class from MP board with Hindi Medium so you are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

I have attached the syllabus for IIT JEE exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SYLLABUS IIT JEE Exam.txt(1.4 KB, 149 views)
21st July 2015, 10:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IIT JEE examination with one year gap after completion of your 12th standard. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE examination. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. Since, you have one year gap after completion of your 12th standard, you are eligible to appear in JEE examination.
22nd July 2015, 09:09 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IIT JEE with one year gap after 12th class.
Candidate can apply for IIT JEE three times from the passing year of their 12th class.
So, definitely you have 2 more chances.
22nd July 2015, 10:29 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir,

Yes ,you are eligible to appear in IITJEE exam with one year gap after 12th standard. IIT JEE gives you two attempts after 12th.
It has nothing to take with one year gap after 12th. Since, you have completed your 12th standard so you are eligible to apply for JEE entrance exam. However, you must score at least 60% of marks in 12th board exam.

Official website - jeemain.nic.in
22nd July 2015, 02:20 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are allowed to appear in the JEE main exam after giving gap by completion of your intermediate.

For appearing in the JEE main exam 2016 your 12th must not be earlier than 2014.

Only 2014, 2015 and current candidates are allowed in JEE main 2016 exam.

Here is some more about the JEE main :

** Eligibility:

** Candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016.

Number of Attempts:

The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE Main shall be limited to 03.

Some important points to keep in mind during the examination

** Synchronize your wristwatch with the center clock.

** Open your permission letter and keep it on your table.

** Do not use red pen.
22nd July 2015, 02:50 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for JEE main and Advanced exams, even if you have one year gap after the completion of your 12th standard. First you have to appear for JEE main exam, then if you qualify in JEE main exam, you can appear for JEE Advanced exam. If you qualify in both the exams, then you will get admission in any of the IIT colleges.
22nd July 2015, 05:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

IIT JEE stands for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination. Joint Entrance Examination has two stages:

1. Joint Entrance Examination Mains.

2. Joint Entrance Examination Advanced.

For JEE mains, a candidate can appear for three times. One in the year, you passed your 10+2 and in two consecutive years. For example if you had passed your 10+2 in 2015, you can appear for JEE mains in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

As you have dropped one year after 10+2, you have only one attempt left in JEE Mains.

For JEE advanced, you will not be eligible even if you clear JEE mains because, only two consecutive attempts are there, one in the year you passed your 10+2 and one in coming next year.

So, you can apply for JEE Mains and try to score well so as to get admission in National institute of technology for undergraduate courses in engineering or technology.
22nd July 2015, 06:24 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for the JEE exams even though you have gap of 1 year after completing your 12th standard. According to JEE rules the candidate can attempt the JEE examination maximum of 2 times consecutively after completing 12th standard. So you have the chance of one time to appear in the JEE main examination. So you are eligible to apply for IIT JEE examination.
23rd July 2015, 05:26 PM
bambam04
Member+

Quote:
Sir,

Yes you are eligible for iit Jee after one year drop but you have only one chance to participate in the examination.
so don't worry and start preparation for IIT Jee.
24th July 2015, 04:19 PM
pointer01

Yes, you apply for IIT JEE after having a one year gap.

Eligibility Criteria for IIT JEE-

The candidates who have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent course from a recognized university can apply for IIT JEE.
There are two exams conducted for JEE- JEE Main and JEE Advance.

Age Limits-

General category candidates and OBC candidates must have been born on or after October 1, 1990. For SC/ST and PWD candidates there is relaxation of 5 years.

So, you can apply for IIT JEE without any problem if you satisfy the above criteria.
30th May 2017, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have passed 12th class with 374 marks i.e 74.8% whereas requirement is 75% so am i eligible for admission to IITs if cleared mains and advanced .
25th October 2017, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Can i attend jee mains exam after one year gap from 12th pass such that i can prepare well and go for it, is it possible to attend the mains exam after one year gap for preparation with 12th pass?
15th June 2019, 09:56 PM
Deepanshu3010

Yes, you are eligible to apply for the JEE exam even if you have drop one year after 12th.

The exam would be based on physics, chemistry and mathematics of 10+2 level and
the difficulty of the exam is generally tough so prepare nicely if you want to clear the exam.
17th June 2019, 10:33 AM
kidzeee
Senior Member+

Eligibility Criteria for IIT JEE-

The candidates who have passed 10+2 examination or equivalent course from a recognized university can apply for IIT JEE.

There are two exams conducted for JEE- JEE Main and JEE Advance.
19th June 2019, 06:34 PM
johntight

Yes, if have the marks of above 60% you are eligible for the IIT entrance exam
17th April 2020, 07:07 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

The eligibility criteria for IIT is
Candidate who have passed 12 standard with at least 50% in physics, chemistry and mathematics are eligible
The students who are still appearing for the exam are still eligible for the exam
Yes, definitely you can apply for the course even after your gap year , you will have to just submit a gap certificate at the time of admission
19th April 2020, 07:58 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Unhappy Re: Am i eligible for IIT JEE with one year gap after 12th?

Yes, you are eligible IIT/ JEE with one year gap after 12th.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE/IIT examination. IIT is an engineering college while JEE is Joined entrance examination to get admission in engineering colleges.
22nd April 2020, 07:13 PM
Rahul_Kumar1

You are eligible for IIT/JEE whether you have done your education from Hindi medium or you have one year gap after class 12th.
5th December 2020, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a nepali citizen but doing my 2 in india and i want to take one year gap after 12th , will i be eligible sir to write jee or not? how can i apply sir and what will be the procedures qualifications and requirement in my case plz reply me sir plz. In 2021 i will pass 12th board and i want to give iit in 2022 is is possible in my case though i am a nepali citizen
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?