7th June 2015, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study LLB through CLAT after completing 12th NIOS?

Hello Sir,
I am studying 12th from NIOS Board and will appear the Board exam through this Board. In future I want to do LLB course through CLAT. I want to know that am I eligible to do LLB after completing 12th NIOS Board?

7th June 2015, 07:08 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study LLB through CLAT after completing 12th NIOS?

NIOS stands for National institute of open schooling and is the largest board of open schooling all around the world. Also it is one of the central boards other than CBSE , ICSE and hence is recognized in all the fields .

So you are definitely eligible for the LLB course through the CLAT after completing 12th with the NIOS boards .

CLAT means Common law admission test and the CLAT examination is held for the selection of candidates for their LLB course from top universities. Also for appearing in this examination for LLB 5 years course the required qualifications are here under :-

* You must have done your 12th with a recognized board with at least 55% aggregate. Also there is the relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST category .

* Your age must be less than 20 years.

For more information regarding the notifications of upcoming examination log on to the link www.clat.ac.in.
7th June 2015, 08:28 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

No friend right now you can not apply for CLAT.
As the educational criteria for CLAT required is graduation degree.

Graduation can be BA,B.com,B.sc with minimum of 40%.

For sc/st it should be 30%.

For post graduation there would be 2% extra weightage would be given.

Yes NIOS certification is equivalent to central and state board certificate.
7th June 2015, 09:16 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and the examination is conduced by one of the 16 National Law University across India. The CLAT examination for the 2015 is over and the result are also declared.

The examination is conducted for the admission in the LLB which is a five year integrated courses and the eligibility to apply for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidates must be less than 20 years for the General category and 22 for the SC/ST candidates as on the 1st July of particular year.
* Candidates must have an aggregate of 45% in the board examination and 40% for the SC/ST candidates.

Since you have passed the board examination from the NIOS which is a recognised board. Hence you are eligible for the CLAT but the application is closed for the 2015 academic session.

The examination in the examination are from the Mathematics, English, General Knowledge and Social Studies. There is also negative marking for the wrong answer.

For any more information visit at www.clat.ac.in.
7th June 2015, 09:26 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes of course you have an eligibility to apply for CLAT Examination. Since whether it is a distance or regular mode you must complete your 10+2 from the recognized board/University.

So you can apply for CLAT Examination for LLB Course. And to know the more details of CLAT Examination you can have a look on the Below information.

<> Age should be below 20 years and there is a Age relaxation for SC/ST Candidates about 2 years.

<> You must complete 10+2 from the recognized board with minimum 45% of marks.

<> Percentage relaxation for SC/ST candidates about 5% ( i.e., 40%)

<> Final year candidates of 12th can also apply for CLAT Examination.

There are Number of colleges offers LLB Course through CLAT Examination.Here we are giving you the some list of Universities offers LLB and LLM programs.

>> National law School of India University, Bangalore

>> National Law University,Jodhpur

>> National Law University and Judicial Academy , Guwahati, Assam

>> Chanakya National Law University, Patna

>> NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad

>> Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar

>> Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala.
7th June 2015, 11:15 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue LLB course through CLAT Score after completion of 12th Class from NIOS Board. The basic educational qualification required in order to be eligible for appearing in CLAT Exam is "12th Class Pass" from a recognized university. As NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) is a recognized board, I am sure you are eligible to pursue this LLB course through CLAT Entrance Examination after completion of 12th from NIOS. CLAT Entrance Examination is an all India Entrance Examination conducted on rotation by 16 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admission to their Under Graduate and Post Graduate programs LLB and LLM courses respectively.

Click here for Participating Universities List

Educational Qualification for Admission to U.G Program (LLB):

>> A Candidate must have obtained Higher Secondary School or Intermediate in 10+2 pattern or its equivalent certificate from a recognized board with not less than 45% marks.

>> The minimum percentage required for SC/ ST/ PWD Candidates in their 12th Class is 40% marks.
8th June 2015, 08:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am studying 12th from NIOS Board and will appear the Board exam through this Board. In future I want to do LLB course through CLAT. I want to know that am I eligible to do LLB after completing 12th NIOS Board?
Yes, you are eligible for LLB course through CLAT exam because you have completed 12th from NIOS.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in LLB course.

Your age should be below 20 years.

For online application of CLAT exam, you may log onto www.clat.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?