10th January 2016, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Can I change my college after completing 1st year?

I wanted to take admission in Government College for B.Arch but unfortunately i did not get a seat. So, I am planning to take admission in civil eng. program in a private college and again appear in JEE MAIN to get a govt. college next year. But could it be possible to leave that private college in case I get a government college next year? Please help.

10th January 2016, 12:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I change my college after completing 1st year?

Yes, definitely you can take admission in government Engineering college if you get selected.

No, one can stop you from leaving the private college unless until if written proof regarding no leaving certificate has been deposited by you.

So, prepare accordingly.
10th January 2016, 12:19 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot change the college after completion of first year of graduation course. As you have secured admission in private college to purse civil engineering, you have submitted all your documents like Transfer certificate, bonafide, academic certificates etc.., Even though you have secured a good rank in JEE, you cannot obtain the admission because one has to submit the Transfer certificate to avail admission in other college. If you wish to purse only in government college, then our advice is to don't secure admission in private college and have a year gap and prepare well for JEE and avail admission in government college.
10th January 2016, 01:12 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to change your college and even stream. So, if after qualifying in JEE Main examination you are eligible to get admission in any better institutes in desired stream, you can change your college.

But, you have to start your course from beginning i.e 1st year if you make a gap there will be no benefit of one year from private college.
10th January 2016, 02:00 PM
ruthless
Member+

Yes, it possible to change your college if you get selected for government college next year.
So, prepare accordingly.
Just keep in mind is that while admission to private college make sure and inform them about your decision of next year.
10th January 2016, 05:48 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to change your college after 1st year.
If you get admission in any good government college then you can leave your current college.
Candidate have to apply for leaving certificate in the current college.
College will provide you leaving certificate along with the documents you have submitted at the time of admission like 12th passing certificate, migration certificate, school leaving certificate etc.
10th January 2016, 09:39 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You can leave your current college for joining government college but in this case your one year will be of no use. You will have to start your career with a fresh admission in the first year of the B.Arch course. So my suggestion to you is that first of all confirm your seat in good college for B.Arch course. After that you should request in your current college to terminate your course. After completing small formalities of the college you will be eligible to get a fresh admission in any of the college.
12th January 2016, 04:56 PM
ranu shahi

It is possible but after that you have to continue from starting. Your 1st year is in vain. Candidates have to submit their certificates like mark sheet of intermediate, college leaving certificate, migration, along with school leaving certificate.
If you are getting admitted in good college then it is fine and if not then avoid this thing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?