13th December 2017, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I change my maths subject, after getting compartment in it?

Can I change my maths with any other subject after compartment, because I don't have any confidence to clear it now.

15th December 2017, 12:23 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I change my maths subject, after getting compartment in it?

Sorry to inform you that once subjects combination is registered during registration process then you can not change any one of the subject. Therefore you can't change Maths subject with any other subject after getting compartment in it. I would advise you to join coaching class for Mathematics subject to gain knowledge and confident in that particular subject also practice previous year question papers.
15th December 2017, 10:37 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change subject but not in the ongoing session. As because you have given examination and not cleared it and you are going to appear in compartmental examination. That is why you are eligible to appear in compartmental examination for the same subject which you have not cleared. Therefore, if you want to change your subject then you have to write all 5 papers examination as because you are changing one paper.
15th December 2017, 12:00 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can not change the subject in which you have got compartment. This is not possible in any board. You will have to clear subjects which you have selected at time of registration f for board examination.

Do not lose heart. Mathematics is a subject of practice and concepts. Once you understand concepts of topics then what you require is practice of enough questions. Take one topic at time and solve multiple questions on it.

Then solve previous year papers question of mathematics. Solving enough questions will boost and take your confidence to next level which will enable you to score higher marks in board exam.
15th December 2017, 01:05 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

After getting compartment in Mathematics, you can change your Mathematics subject with any other subject in which you are confident to clear it just like Biology and give examination of all subjects next year.
15th December 2017, 04:00 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot change your elected subject after failing in the examination of that particular paper. Once after the registration, when you have applied for the examination, you cannot change that subject anymore.
Since, you got compartment in mathematics, you should apply for the compartmental examination and after qualifying in it you can apply for any further courses.
15th December 2017, 05:28 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot change your subject after getting compartment in maths subject because as per the rules a candidate has to appear for improvement exam after getting compartment in it. So you have to appear for the compartment exam.
15th December 2017, 05:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't change your subject now in class 12th board exams. If you have got compartment, then you have to appear for the exam or go for NIOS next year to change the subject.

You can only do such things in open schools only. NIOS is clearly the best option to do so. Regular schools don't allow such changes.
15th December 2017, 06:04 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can not do so. There is no such provision that if you are not able to secure passing marks in any subjects after opting it then you can change in midway during compartment stage.

You should work hard in order to pass the subject and become eligible for higher studies courses.
15th December 2017, 06:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, you can not change subject in which you have got compartment. You will have to apply for Mathematics subject only after getting less marks in it.

Candidates are asked to select subjects at time of registration in standard 11th and after that final selection is done. To get passed status in board exam of tenth and 12th, you should pass in all subjects.
15th December 2017, 07:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can't change mathematics with any other subject after compartment in this subject.

You need to build confidence, motivate yourself. Confidence comes when you have right preparation for examination. You should practice different variety of questions. Work on last ten years papers.

If you study well, you can definitely score good marks in mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?