31st May 2015, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I change school in 11th standard if both are CBSE board?

Can I change school in 11th standard if both are CBSE board? Will there be any problem in doing this? Can someone please provide me the information on what procedure we need to follow up to change the school? Please provide me the answer soon.

Thank you!

31st May 2015, 09:05 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I change school in 11th standard if both are CBSE board?

Yes, according to the CBSE rules any student can change his/her school in the 11th standard. There will be no problem for changing the school in the 11th class. Admission for class 11th may be based on the 10th CGPA and subject wise GP. For admission in 11th standard in another school the student have to contact the head of the school directly and need to submit the certificates like Migration certificate, Transfer Certificate, previous marks sheet, etc.
31st May 2015, 09:40 PM
james hettfield
Member+

There will not be any problem if you change your school to CBSE to CBSE or if you change it to CBSE to any other board. It all depends to the new school that whether they let you take the admission or not because there are different criteria for the different schools.
But changing school would not be affecting you in any case in your education career.
Hence you can go and change your school if you want.
31st May 2015, 11:58 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Generally as per CBSE rules, you cannot change from one school to another school, while pursuing your intermediate in CBSE affiliated school. But, a candidate can get exemption from this rule with the permission of school principal. So, if you have any valid reason to change the school, then you should contact the principal of your school and explain him about your situation. If he/she agrees for your transfer, then you can change to another CBSE affiliated school.
1st June 2015, 12:57 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Yes it is possible because registration is done in 11th class for 12th board exam means you are already registered at CBSE board so you cannot change board but you can change the school

theoretically it is possible to change the school but practically it is not possible means no one school provides you admission in 12th class directly because its a bit complicated for the school to adjust a new student in 12th class directly so i suggests you firstly contact to your personal contact in the school because they can adjust you in their school and you will never face any issue in that manner
1st June 2015, 09:19 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes of cause you can change school in 11th standard but it totally depends on school that either they will give you admission or not. So first of all visit to school campus in which you want to get admission. After that have a meeting with school's higher authority such as Principal & Vice Principal. Clarify all your doubts regarding admission. Also ask them about availability of seats in 11th standard. If seats are available then only you can get admission.

Some schools have their own selection criteria so ask them about it. If there is a need to give entrance exam for admission then prepare yourself for that. You can also use political approach or approach of higher authority of school like Trusty / School board member if any.
1st June 2015, 01:27 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change your school in 11th standard. As both schools are affiliated from CBSE board then there will be no problem.

First of all you have to visit the admission section of the desired school in which you want to take admission. Ask for an admission for for 11th class.
Fill up the form and submit it to the admission cell along with following documents:
  • School Leaving certificate from previous school
  • 10th passing certificate
  • 10th class mark sheet
  • Character Certificate from previous school

Submit all these to the admission cell and they may ask for admission test.
The admission cell will give you the further details about the further procedure.
15th October 2016, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

In CBSE if a child has been registered in one school for 11th Can he change school in 11th after getting a slc from previous school?
27th October 2016, 02:25 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Yes, you can change the school from one CBSE to another. It is important that school must have enough seats available. If you have SLC then without wasting time get the timely admission,if you delay then might not get admission.
24th November 2016, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

I want to change my school in mid session of class 11th after my registration can i?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?