16th April 2014, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Can I choose English 1 & 2 instead of Bengal in wbCHSe?

Hello,
I COMPLETED ICSE EXAM THIS YEAR WITH 92%.NOW I WANT TO BE ENROLLED IN WBCHSE APPROVED SCHOOL.MY QUESTION IS WHETHER I CAN CHOOSE ENGLISH 1 & 2 AS LANGUAGE SUBJECTS INSTEAD OF BENGALI ?
PL ANSWER EARLIEST.

19th April 2014, 09:20 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I choose English 1 & 2 instead of Bengal in wbCHSe?

First of all congratulations on passing ICSE boards with so good marks. Excellent. Now you are ready to study in eleventh class. This is a turning point in students life. you will be having so many options to study further. but which boards to study in which stream to opt for which subjects to choose etc are the questions which must be bothering you now.

Any way you will get answers to these questions soon, your main question here is that you want to study language subjects as English 1 & English instead of Bengali, so it is absolutely possible to take these subjects as your compulsory subjects. people who study in West Bengal board higher secondary education but are from other state or have been staying in West Bengal since long they might not even read or write your regional language Bengali but they will have to study Higher secondary in west Bengal only what they will do? ''

They will do this only that take up both compulsory languages as English only and not Bengali. So you can also do the same thing and move ahead in your career. All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?