1st October 2019, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study MBBS if secure less than 50% in 12th Assam Board?

Hello everyone, I am a student of 12th standard with Assam Board studying Science. I am preparing for Medical entrance exams. Can you tell me that if I score below 50% then also I am able for admission in MBBS course?

3rd October 2019, 04:36 PM
Sunnyexpert

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MBBS if secure less than 50% in 12th Assam Board?

No, I am sorry you cannot get admission in MBBS degree if you have not been able to score a minimum of 60% in aggregate in your board examination.

The minimum eligibility criteria for any person to get admission in the above mentioned course is that the candidate should have scored a minimum of 60% in aggregate and 60% in PCM.
4th October 2019, 09:06 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MBBS if secure less than 50% in 12th Assam Board?

For MBBS entrance exams in India you must have at least 50% marks in class 12th with PCB stream from a recognised board of education. There is a relaxation of 5% marks for those who belong to reserved category like SC/ST and PWD.

Hence, if you have less than 50% marks in class 12th it will become difficult for you to appear for the entrance exam. Only in case of you being a reserved category candidate you will stand a chance to appear for it.
5th October 2019, 10:35 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of surgery, and the minimum education required for pursuing the MBBS degree course is a Class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate in PCB group subjects from a recognized board of education. Minimum marks required in aggregate case of candidates from reserved category is 40%.

So, if you fail to manage less than 50% marks in aggregate in PCB group subjects in your Class 12th board examination, then you will be eligible for pursuing MBBS degree course only if you belong to reserved category and that when you manage at least 40%.

Further, for seeking admission in any medical college to pursue MBBS degree course, you are required to qualify NEET or AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination or JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?