30th March 2021, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission to study MBBS if secure less than 50% in 12th J&K Board?

Hello everyone, I am a student of 12th standard with J&K Board studying Science. I am preparing for my Medical entrance exams. Can you tell me that if I score below 50% then also I am able for admission in an MBBS course?

31st March 2021, 04:07 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MBBS if secure less than 50% in 12th J&K Board?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree course and to pursue the same degree course from any medical college in India, you need to qualify NEET UG (or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination in case you want to get into anyone of the AIIMS to pursue MBBS degree course).

Further, for appearing in NEET UG, you are required to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate in PCB subject combination from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, even if you score less than 50% marks in aggregate in your Class 12th, you can still pursue MBBS degree course, if your aggregate in PCB subject combination is at least 50% (or 40% in case you belong to reserved category).

For complete details regarding NEET UG, you can refer to the link www.ntaneet.nic.in.
31st March 2021, 06:03 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission to study MBBS if secure less than 50% in 12th J&K Board?

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine ans Bachelor in Surgery.

Admission in the course is offered after qualifying in NTA NEET. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th with PCB as main paper with minimum 50% aggregate.

Relaxation in aggregate for reserved category ( only 45% required ).

So, you can check your eligibility as according to your category.
31st March 2021, 08:51 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible for admission in MBBS course after qualifying in NEET.

The eligibility to appear for NEET is that candidate must have passed std 12th with PCB as main paper and scored minimum 50% aggregate relaxation of 5% for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to appear for NEET and get admission in MBBS, if belongs to general category.
31st March 2021, 09:34 PM
aditya_ro
Senior Member++++

Yes, You can get admission to study MBBS if secure less than 50% in 12th J&K Board.

You can get admission on the basis of NEET score.

If you have good and valid score in NEET than only you can get admission with less than 50% in intermediate.
31st March 2021, 11:57 PM
Ulna
Banned

The eligibility criteria to study MBBS is
Candidate must score at least 50% in 12 standard in physics, chemistry and biology for general category and there is relaxation of 5% for the reserved category students
Candidates should be of 17 years at the time of admission
Candidate will have to appear for the national level entrance exam and colleges seat allotment will be on the basis of marks scored in the enterance
So if you belong to general category and score below 50% in your 12 standard than you will not be eligible for MBBS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?