29th July 2015, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Can i get Government College with low marks in JEE MAIN?

Sir, i had attempted only 15 questions in this JEE MAIN exam of 2015. I had chances of getting low marks in exam. I belong to SC category and have chances of getting 80-85% in upcoming result of HSC exam (AMRAVATI BOARD) Maharahtra. Sir can i get any government college with low score?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  2. Can i get any government or private college of engineering after scoring 51 marks in JEE mains
  3. Is it a barrier to study B.Tech with low JEE Main score?
  4. Should I join any college or prepare again for JEE Main if scored 69 marks?
  5. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech in any Government college of West Bengal?
  6. Qualifying marks in JEE Main? Suitable books for preparation?
  7. Weightage of NIOS marks in JEE Main?
  8. Can I get admission in any government college if scored 61 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 85% in 12th CBSE?
  9. List of Government colleges which offer B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering in India? Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission?
  10. Should I prepare and give jee main again or get admitted to any college? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Can I take admission in good government or private college after scoring 92 marks in JEE mains?
  12. Can I get admission in any engineering college if scored 60 marks in JEE Mains and 2903 rank in JEE Advanced being a SC candidate?
  13. Should I prepare to reappear if scored less marks in JEE Main?
  14. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan if secure less marks and pursue B.Tech in any low grade college?
  15. Can I get Education Loan if got admission in low grade B.Tech college through JEE Main?
  16. Which college will get after scoring 82 marks in JEE Main?
  17. How to prepare for JEE Main after joining a college?
  18. Is it possible for me to get admission in Jharkhand Government colelges if I got 24 marks in JEE mains exam when I belong to ST category?
29th July 2015, 10:20 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get Government College with low marks in JEE MAIN?

Here i provide the cutoff in JEE MAINS according to category wise.

* General - 105.

* OBC-NCL - 70.

* SC - 50.

* ST - 44.

If the candidate gets the marks above the cutoff marks, then he/she gets admission into prestigious Indian Institute of Technology (IIT's).
29th July 2015, 10:22 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't get admission in Government College with such a low score. You have attempted only 15 questions, that are very less.
If you have secured atleast 70 marks with SC category then only you can get admission in any government college.
But with attempting only 15 questions there is no chance for you to get admisison in Government college.
29th July 2015, 10:46 PM
rrooxx

==>Yes you can get Government College if you have low marks in JEE MAIN.
==>As you belong to sc category so it is benificial to you.
==>because in sc category you can get best rank as compare to another.

:::list of some college in which you can get admission with low JEE marks:::::---

-->Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information

-->Technology & Management, Gwalior (M.P.)

-->Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur (M.P.)

-->Assam University, Silchar (Assam)

-->Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar (Uttarakhand)

-->Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi (U.P.)

-->Institute of Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishawavidyalaya, Bilaspur (C.G.)

-->J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad- 211002 (U.P.)

-->Mizoram University, Aizwal-796009

-->National Insitute of Foundary & Forge Technology, P.O. Hatia, Ranchi (Jharkhand).

-->School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)

-->School of Planning and Architecture, I.P. Estate, New Delhi (SPA, Delhi).

-->School of Planning and Architecture, Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh)

-->Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Katra-182320 (J & K)
Tezpur University, NAPAAM, Tezpur (Assam)

-->ACME college of Engineering, Ghaziabad (UP)

-->Amity School of Engineering, Amity University, Gwalior (MP).....
29th July 2015, 10:59 PM
pointer01

If you are a SC candidate then , it may be possible to get Government college on the SC quota. As you do so less question so it is difficult and you have less possibility to get government college. In JEE Mains the marks of class 12th is also included. I wish you good luck to get government college. But, it is sure that you will get private college through JEE Mains.
30th July 2015, 07:49 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

If you have got low rank in JEE Mains exam, then you can also get government college to do engineering course.

Following are government college for JEE Main exam:

Assam University

Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior.

MIzoram University

Tezpur University

Institute of Technology, Management Meerut

Amity school of Engineering

ITM University

Mewar Universitty, Chandigarh
30th July 2015, 09:54 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

For your kind information i want to tell you that now a days JEE main rank is prepared by considering 40% marks of your 12th standard and 60% marks of your entrance test.

If you are not able to score good marks in your entrance exam and you have scored excellent grades in your 12th exams then there is lot of chances to get a good college for graduation.

As you belong to SC category therefore your chance for getting good college also increases.

My suggestion to you is that you simply have to participate in the online counseling for the college allotment.

Here is the complete procedure for participating in counseling :

** After successful registration JEE Main 2015 you can apply for Online choice filling and locking of choices.

** Lock your choices before last date otherwise your choice is not considered.

** Seat Allocation will be on the basis of the All India Merit Ranks as well as the choices filled in by them during the Counselling Procedure.

** Seat Allotment will be conducted in four rounds of the Counselling
30th July 2015, 11:56 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

No its not possible to get admission in government college with low marks because admission are provided on the basis of merit list generated by JEE marks. You can easilt get admission in Private college. They will provides you admission because they just wanna fill up their seats , It doesn't matters for them how many marks you get in the test or even you appear in the test or not. The truth is that there is no campus placement in these college and reputation is also nearly Zero percent.
30th July 2015, 12:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The cut off marks for the Joint Entrance examination for the year 2015 was declared on April 27 by Central board of Secondary Education. If you have not checked your result, here is the cut off marks for candidates of all category.

>>General category: 105 marks.

>>OBC category: 70 marks.

>>SC Category: 50 marks.

>>ST category: 44 marks.

Admission to government college will be done only when you qualify the JEE mains exam with good marks and you have good marks in 10+2 board exams. If your score in JEE mains is more than 50 marks, you will qualify the JEE mains exam. Now you need to see the marks and rank required by government engineering college for admission. However chances are very less as you have only solved 15 questions out of which some may be wrong also.

The result is declared, so you can check it on the official website of JEE mains.
30th July 2015, 06:22 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the government colleges as you have attempted the 15 questions then the overall marks in the Mains will be 60 which is above cut off marks of the SC category.

The candidates have to qualify in the Mains examination to get the admission in the government colleges. Other than this your score in the board examination is also best if it will be around 80-85%.

So you need to wait for the counseling to get the admission in the government colleges. The counseling is going on.
31st July 2015, 01:00 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

I don't know why did you asked that silly question. Ok tell me one thing if you didn't add sugar to tea then will it be sweeter. Similarly if you didn't have score then how could you get admission in government college.

Basically seats in college's will be allotted on the basis of counselling. So if your score is good then only you will compete in counselling unless not. Student's having good score will get seat's in government college only. You may also try to get Management seat.
27th April 2016, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

if i get 55 marks in jee mains and obc category and 65% in jac board jharkhand suggest me good private college to take admission through this marks.....
8th May 2016, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

The cut off marks provided by jee as per different categories is only for admission in iit colleges or also for admission in government colleges
6th April 2017, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have 60 marks in jee can I get any govt engineering college even low state level engineering college?
19th April 2017, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I am general PWD student and I just got 22 marks in jee main. Will I be able to get chance in government college?
26th April 2017, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

I belongs to SC category(from Maharastra) and I wanted to know about Minimum marks that I will require To get best1.govt college
2. vNIT
3.IIIT
4 .NIT
I am going to appear in 2018, so please tell me the jee Marks Required and minimum Board marks
14th May 2017, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir if I got 60 Mark in jee-main & get approximately 80% Mark in 12th board then which engineering colleges give me admission for engineering as I am belongs from general category?
20th October 2017, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

What is the cut off rank of government college for aeronautical engineering for OBC category in 2017?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?