29th December 2014, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Is it a barrier to study B.Tech with low JEE Main score?

Hello.
I have just passed 12th with 80% marks. I have a very low score in JEE-mains. I want to know if i should do coaching this year and apply for jee mains next year again or should i get admission in any btech engg college. And will my JEE mains score will affect my future in any way?

31st December 2014, 01:49 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to study B.Tech with low JEE Main score?

You can if you want to go for JEE Main once again if you feel that your score is not quite good.

But keep in mind that the maximum number of attempts for JEE Main is 3 times for any aspirant.

You have a pretty well score in your boards and as you have not mentioned your JEE Main score, it is quite difficult to say you whether to get admission or to re-appear.

However, if you do feel that your JEE Main score is not much adequate to get yourself into a good college you can re-appear for the same.

Your JEE Main score is only for getting you into a good college/University, it has nothing to do with your future.

The better you score in JEE Main, the better college you will get yourself into which ultimately help you in building a good career.

31st December 2014, 12:38 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It totally depends on your mental strength whether you should drop one year for preparation of JEE or not. Since you did not have a high score so there is a long way to go to have a good preparation for jee. Since you have a low score so you will not get good colleges, however, you can go for good private universities who conduct their own entrance exams. If you are determined to do well next time, can put hard labour to study hard and can have patience to bear the frustration which might come from time to time then you should go for a drop and prepare well for the next time. Otherwise there is no point in dropping one precious year. In this case, you should go for good private universities or study other course.

31st December 2014, 02:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not a barrier to study B.Tech course with low JEE Main score because if you study well in your B.Tech course, you can gain knowledge and marks in your B.Tech course independent of your JEE Main score. JEE Main examination score is useful only for admission in Engineering/ Architecture courses. You have an excellent percentage in your 12th standard, so, if you understand the concepts and if you study well, you can easily get success in your B.Tech course. So, I suggest you to take admission in B.Tech course immediately rather than waiting for one year to score good marks in JEE Main examination.

17th March 2015, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

I am a dropper. I scored 91 percentile in my 12th board examinations (state board).
How much marks do I need to get a good NIT or DTU?

24th March 2015, 10:37 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Well your JEE marks will not affect your future until you get admission in IIT using them. IIT is really a big platform for engineering student's. As you are a bright student and willing to work hard then here i suggest you to drop one year and prepare for next attempt. You will definitely get IIT or NIT college if you work hard.

Remember one thin :- No pain No Gain. So study hard makes yourself consistent and if require take coaching from reputed institute. You will definitely got success.

6th June 2015, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

i have got 68 % marks in 2 what marks should i get to have mnit or other such colleges plz just give ur opinion regarding to marks if jee main cutoff is 115

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?