15th May 2015, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Can I get promotion in 10th CBSE if failed in 2 subjects of 9th CBSE?

Hello,
I am in class 9 and I want to know
that can I get promotion to 10th class
if I failed in two subjects under CBSE pattern?
Kindly let me know immediately.

17th May 2015, 02:23 AM
james hettfield
Member+

Default Re: Can I get promotion in 10th CBSE if failed in 2 subjects of 9th CBSE?

According to guidelines of the central board of secondary education, you are not allowed to get into the class X because for getting into the new class you have to clear the previous class and as you have not passed in this class, then you are not eligible.
Now the thing that you can do is, you have to talk to the authorities of the school, that whether they can provide you some supplementary examinations or not, because in this matter the whole decision is to be taken by the school authorities itself.
17th May 2015, 05:09 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get promotion in 10th CBSE if failed in 2 subjects of 9th CBSE?

No you will not be able to get promotion unless your school considers your case as an exception.
According to the current rules you will have to pass in all the Subjects but if the candidate has failed in one Subject then that is considered and the candidate is allowed to be promoted to Class 10.
So your chances of getting the promotion is not that high so just make sure that you are preparing to do well as soon as you can.
17th May 2015, 03:20 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in class 10 CBSE after having failed in any two subjects provided that one of the two subjects should not be English, moreover a candidate is not promoted in class 10th if he/she has failed in more than 3 subjects.

Therefore, in your case if you have not failed in English subject and not more than 3 subjects overall, than you are very well promoted to class 10th.
17th May 2015, 04:01 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

yes you will get promoted to next class i.e 10th board.

generally if the child got failed in more than 3 subjects,then the child need to continue the same class in the next academic year.

promoted to next class does not mean you are safe,you should try next time with more efforts.

we do understand all child state of mind or mind development are not same,IQ level would not be same for the two children.

if one child take less time to prepare one answer,may be for the other child needs more time to prepare. in that case it does not mean that the second child had not tried. but it required effort more than the previous.

so as its a 10th board exam for you,start preparing for the exam,as we all know 10th and 12th board results matters in every field either to get an admission or to seek a job.

"Nothing is too high for a man to reach, but he must climb with care and confidence."
18th May 2015, 12:55 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

No after failing in 2 subjects you cannot get promotion but it totally depends on school if they want to promote you then only they can do that , You can reappear in the exams in which you are failed if they kick out your from their school then no one school provides you admission in 10th class directly as per my knowledge only deputed schools of your city can provide you admission in their school or you can contact to the schools in which you have personal contacts because they can adjust you in their school
28th March 2017, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Can we get promoted to 10 if any students fail in 3 subjets instead in English
27th March 2018, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I get promotion in class 10 after failed in 9 for 2yrs. Is there any ways to get promotion in class 10, is this the end of my career. I want complete my board as regular student. School is saying to take my TC. What should I do.
28th March 2018, 03:10 AM
Unregistered

I haven't seen my results yet... Tomorrow is my results day... I have doubts in 3 subjects that they might be a huddle for me to get promoted in the next class i.e 10th board!!!!
So my question is if a person fails 3 subjects in class 9th... Will he/she get promoted to the next class???
27th March 2019, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

So, i wanted to ask if i fail in finals of class 9 cbse in science and maths will i be promoted to class 10 or not ..?? or i hve to give supplementry exams??
Btw,how many supplementry exams are conducted ??
Plzz reply fast as possible.
31st March 2019, 04:51 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

You can get promoted to class 10th as you have to give the supplementary examination for class 9th in mathematics and science.However, you would need to work hard.

As the school may pass you in 9th considering other options. However, no body is going to help in your board exams.
22nd February 2020, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

If I failed in 2 subjects out of 6 in class 9th will the school will promoted to class 10th ?
8th January 2022, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I'm weak at maths and science so if I fail in maths and science class 9 cbse will I be promoted to class 10 cbse?
19th March 2022, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I pass 9th grade my maths and general science got supplimentry.i hope i will pass
8th April 2022, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

Yes my question is i am failed 2 subject today in my class teacher say retest those are fail in this exam he will re test again
My question is i am fail 2 subject i am promoted or not? Pls answer me any suggestions
15th March 2023, 12:51 PM
Srusty Kamath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishteaque View Post
Yes, you can get admission in class 10 CBSE after having failed in any two subjects provided that one of the two subjects should not be English, moreover a candidate is not promoted in class 10th if he/she has failed in more than 3 subjects.

Therefore, in your case if you have not failed in English subject and not more than 3 subjects overall, than you are very well promoted to class 10th.
I thank you for this response it really helped me out, however I would really like to know if the subjects that I did fail in if they were maths and science will my cbse ncs mumbai school promote me? Or give me a tc?
15th March 2023, 05:17 PM
Ebenezercollege

According to the CBSE guidelines, a student must pass in at least five subjects including one language subject to be promoted to the next class. However, if a student fails in two subjects in class 9, they will be given a chance to appear for a compartmental exam for those subjects. If they pass in the compartmental exam, they will be promoted to class 10.

You should speak to your school authorities and teachers to get more information about the compartmental exams and the process for appearing in them. They can guide you on the steps you need to take to pass the exams and successfully move on to class 10.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?