14th March 2015, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

Age criteria for CBSE 10th board exam as per CBSE norms?

Dear Sir,
My daughter is august 2005 borm and is in 5th standard , CBSE, we are changing her school - there school authorities say that she is 1 year ahead according to CBSE criteria and she should either repeat 5th std or 9th std or else she will not be eligible for 10th .- please guide

Related Questions:
14th March 2015, 04:50 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Age criteria for CBSE 10th board exam as per CBSE norms?

AS per the CBSE norms and Supreme Court's order, a student should be of a minimum of 14 years of age in order to be eligible for CBSE 10th board examination.

However, in you child's case as per her D.O.B. she will be only of 13 years of age when she will reach class 10th as per her class standard right now. Therefore it is advisable to you that make her repeat one year now or in class 9th as prescribed by the school authorities, and soon after the repetition of class she will be eligible to appear for 10th board examination.
14th March 2015, 10:20 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in CBSE 10th standard board examinations as per CBSE norms, the candidate should satisfy the requirements of age limits (minimum & maximum) at the time of admission, as determined by the State/U.T. Government where the School is located. The minimum age required to appear in CBSE 10th standard board examinations is 14-15 years. Since, your daughter is 10 years old and she is pursuing 5th standard right now, by the completion of her 10th standard, she will attain the age of 14-15 years and she is eligible to appear in CBSE 10th standard board examinations.
31st March 2015, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

pls if you have this Supreme Court's order, which says.........a student should be of a minimum of 14 years of age in order to be eligible for CBSE 10th board examination.

Pls send me on [email protected]
24th June 2016, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir my son was born in 2005 and he is studying in 9th so I want to ask that is he eligible to give board exam .please guide me
4th July 2016, 08:57 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

As per CBSE norms, the student applying for the 10th board exam must be minimum 14 years old.

If the student has not attained this age, he/she is not eligible to write 10th board exam.
18th September 2017, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Sir my son was born 28th July 2011 and he is studying in class 1st so long want to ask that is he eligible to give board exam. Please guide me
27th November 2017, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

My son is now present 9 th grade n has been registered with CBSE board He is scoring B1 grade but my issue is I want him to repeat 9 th grade again as we feel the concepts r not clear of maths n science Can we do this repetition for 9th grade again n what about. Registration
19th February 2018, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

My daughter born on may 2005. Now she is in 8th std.
I want to know whether she is eligible for 10th std CBSE exam in 2020
7th June 2019, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir, our child has completed 7th standard under CBSE, she has successfully covered all the courses of standard 8,9 & 10 till date....she wants to sit in 10th exam under CBSE...how could we proceed for this child prodigy......???? please suggest positively
13th December 2022, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Good evening Sir/ Madam,
My question is i am 42 yrs old and i have gave my CBSE Class 10th exam in 2001 and i fail in 1 subject. Can i apply CBSE 10th exam again or i can re-apply for that 1 subject is it possible. I want to study funder please help me.
Awaiting for your reply.
30th June 2023, 08:33 PM
Ar_pit

Cbse Age Criteria for Class 10 , As per the guidelines of central board of secondary education (CBSE) the 10th exam age limit is 14 years , as of 31st December of the year of examination ,Minimum age for class 10 CBSE. Stream after 10th . However , there is no upper 10th exam age limit of age to appear in the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?