25th July 2015, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Geography Honours in Calcutta University if secured 75.74% in WBCHSE Board exam?

Sir,
I have passed in H.S. from WBCHSE. I got 75.74% marks in the best of four subjects. I want to study Geography Honours in Calcutta University. Can you tell me with this percentage I can get admission or not?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I study Honours if pursuing B.Sc General in Geography in Calcutta University?
  2. Can I get admission to study B.Sc Honours in St. Xavier's College if secured 78.5% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  3. Can I get admission to study Economics Honours in Calcutta University if secured 90.4% in 12th and scored 94 marks in Economics? List of colleges offering Economics Honours without Maths?
  4. Change from English honours to Geography honours from one college of Calcutta university to other?
  5. Can I study Special Honours in Geography from Calcutta University after completing Graduation?
  6. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Geography) Honours in Mumbai University if secured 74% in 12th and scored 93 marks in Geography?
  7. What should I study other than B.Sc if secured 86% in 12th WBCHSE?
  8. How to get admission in regular master degree in Geography? I am a graduate student of Calcutta University -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I study B.A.(Geography) in Hindi Medium in Calcutta University?
  10. Should I study BCA if secured 54% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  11. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured 84% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  12. Chances to study English Honours in St.Xavier's College for a candidate who has scored 92 marks in English and secured 70.4% aggregate in 12th WBCHSE? -- [New]
  13. Should I reappear if secured low percentage in WBCHSE Board exam?
  14. Best place and university to study BA Geography honours?
  15. Can I get admission to study Mathematics Honours in Presidency college if secured 92% in 12th WBCHSE and scored 97 marks in Mathematics?
  16. Percentage required in 12th WBCHSE to study Physiology in Presidency College?
  17. Can I get admission to study B.A.(Political Science) in Jadavpur University if secured 64.43% in 12th WBCHSE?
  18. Can I get admission to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 75% in Accounts and 74% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
26th July 2015, 09:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Geography Honours in Calcutta University if secured 75.74% in WBCHSE Board exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have passed in H.S. from WBCHSE. I got 75.74% marks in the best of four subjects. I want to study Geography Honours in Calcutta University. Can you tell me with this percentage I can get admission or not?
You have completed in H.S from WBCHSE with 75.74% marks so you are eligible for bachelor degree in Geography.

There are so many college under Calcutta University is provided bachelor degree in Geography.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Geography subject are eligible for bachelor degree in Geography.

Your age should be above 17 years.
26th July 2015, 10:09 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I study Geography Honours in Calcutta University if secured 75.74% in WBCHSE Board exam?

I am happy to say you that you are eligible for Geography Honours in Calcutta University with this percentage of marks. The minimum criteria in taking Honours is that you must score at least 50% in aggregate and at least 45% in the subject in which you want to take Honours.
27th July 2015, 04:43 PM
pointer01

Firstly, I congratulate you for your good percentage in WBCHSE board which you have obtained.You can easily get the admission for Geography Honours in Calcutta University.
You must required at least 50% marks to get admission in Geography Honours. Your are must not be less than 17 years.
If you satisfy the above criteria then you can easily get admission.
27th July 2015, 07:33 PM
reconnect

You have obtained very good marks in WBCHSE exam. Of course you can take admission in Calcutta University for Geography Honours.
You must have passed class 12th with geography as a main subject for taking admission in Geography Honours. Geography is a good subject and it has vast scope. You have secured 75% marks and the minimum percentage required is 45%. So, you can easily get the admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?