17th December 2014, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

CBSE or State Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?

hello
i have completed my 10th cbse with 9.8 cgpa. now i want to know if i should continue in cbse or opt state board in 11th. i want to become an ias. though i take cbse will i be able to get 99% marks. or will i be able to get best commerce colleges as cbse results comes out very late.... reply me soon i have to tell my decision within evening... pls help me out

Related Questions:
  1. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  2. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  3. Should I go for Maharashtra state board students after scoring 74.1% in 10th CBSE?
  4. How can I get scholarship if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for CBSE scholarship if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th standard? -- [New]
  6. What can I do after passing CBSE in 10th board? My CGPA is 5.8
  7. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE
  8. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Am I eligible for any foreign school with scholarship after passing with 7.4 CGPA in class 10th CBSE board/
  10. ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?
  11. How to do B.Tech from Oxford University after passing 10th from CBSE board with 9.4 CGPA
  12. Which board is more better CBSE or GBSE for pursuing MBBS?
  13. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  14. Can I get admission in CBSE Board if studying in State Board?
  15. Admission in 11th Science in CBSE School for NDA aspirant who has secured 6.74 CGPA in 10th standard?
  16. What is the CBSE board syllabus? I have 7.4 CGPA in class 10th
  17. Which board is ideal CBSE or Madhya Pradesh board?
  18. Am I eligible to get Scholarship being a candidate having secured 80% in 10th from CBSE Board?
18th December 2014, 08:45 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CBSE or State Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?

You can pursue your 11th and 12th standard from any board whether CBSE or State board, nothing matters. To become an IAS officer, the minimum educational qualification required is completion of Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, you have completed your 10th standard from CBSE board, I suggest you to continue your 11th and 12th standard from CBSE board instead transferrnig to other boards. After completion of your 12th standard, you can pursue your Graduation degree in any discipline from any recognised university and you can appear for IAS examination.
19th December 2014, 10:28 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: CBSE or State Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer if secured 9.8 CGPA in 10th CBSE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
i have completed my 10th cbse with 9.8 cgpa. now i want to know if i should continue in cbse or opt state board in 11th. i want to become an ias. though i take cbse will i be able to get 99% marks. or will i be able to get best commerce colleges as cbse results comes out very late.... reply me soon i have to tell my decision within evening... pls help me out
Its good to see that you are interested to become an IAS officer after completing 12h standard. Just apply for graduation and concentrate on your studies and try to qualify in graduation without any pending backlogs.

In order to become an IAS officer, you need to appear and qualify in Civil Service Exam which is organized by Union Public Service Commission for ever years. Applicant must have completed Bachelor degree in any Discipline from a recognized.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS:

-> Applicant must have completed their Bachelor degree in any Discipline from a recognized University and Final years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it there are No minimum percentage criteria

-> The applicant must be between the age of 21 years and 30 years. Applicants belonging to SC / ST category have upper age limit maximum of 5 years. OBC candidates have maximum of three years as upper age limit

-> General candidates can appear a maximum of 4 times, OBC can appear 7 times and no limit for SC/ST candidates.

Official Website - www.upsc.gov.in
2nd April 2015, 11:25 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Since , there is no criteria for I.A.S to be the students of a particular board.The candidates can study in any of the state board or CBSE or ICSE .

So, you can move with which you want.

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and the eligibility criteria is -----

A graduate candidates or students even in the final year can apply for it. The age of candidates must be ----
21-30 years for general category.
21-33 year for OBC.
21-35 years for SC/ST candidates.

There is no specific aggregate required in +2 or graduation for the candidates and even not a specific board . They just need a recognised university and board .
5th April 2015, 03:53 PM
amanshrivastava98

To become an IAS officer you need to write the civil services examination which is conducted by the UPSC every year.

There is no rule mentioned related to the board of education for a candidate.

Yes, if you really want to know which board is better then I would suggest you should go for the CBSE due to the following advantages :

1. Nationally recognized board of education.

2. Smartly designed curriculum

3. Nice exposoure of studies.

4. All the best schools are affiliated to the CBSE.

5. Best faculties available.

6. Competition oriented syllabus.
4th February 2016, 02:34 AM
Unregistered

I am in class 8th. I am going to change my school in 9th. I want to become IAS officers which board I should choose cbse or icse
11th May 2016, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

I given my 10 class examinations with up board .I want to be an IAS officer and I want to continue 11 and 12 with CBSE board.is I am right.please tell me I m so confused
13th April 2019, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

I have given my cbse 10 board exam this year and I Want to become an IAS officer so what board I continue , people saying that I should do the 11 and 12 with state board as syllabus is same of the boards so suggest me what should I do.

Thank u
10th July 2019, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

What do you means by graduation? Which syllabus is necessary to become IAS
21st May 2022, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 8 , I want to become an IAS officer which board is best for upsc state board or cbse
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?