14th December 2014, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information and eligibility criteria of NTSE for 9th student?

Hello
I am in class 9th now.....will be in class 10th
next year as i have given my 9th final exam.....
I want to know the NTSE exam....
Can you tell me in details of NTSE exam
and also the eligibility for this exam.

16th December 2014, 06:05 PM
Inflammable

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility criteria of NTSE for 9th student?

National Talent Search Examination(NTSE) is a national level competitive exam organized by National Council Of Educational Research And Training(NCERT). Its main aim is to support talented and creamy student financially. NTSE consist of two stages. Stage-I is consist of state level examination and Stage-II is consist of national level examination. There are two papers in both stages i.e; Scholastic Aptitude Test(SAT) and Mental Ability Test(MAT). Students of Class-X are eligible to appear in NTSE. Once a candidate secure atleast 80% marks in Stage-I will be directly eligible to appear in Stage-II. Below or Above 10th standard students are not eligible to apply for NTSE.
Successful students will be rewarded as Rs.500/ from Class-XI throughout their academics except for Ph.D. Rewards for Ph.D will be as per the norms of UGC.
Every year NTSE releases application form in the month of July or August. Stage-I examination will be conducted during winter of every year and Stage-II examination will be conducted during summer of the next year.
I have attached the application form of this year. It is useful for you to fill the form on that time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NTSE Application Form.pdf(134.0 KB, 76 views)
16th December 2014, 07:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information and eligibility criteria of NTSE for 9th student?

NTSE stands for National Talent Search Examination. The main purpose of conducting this examination is to identify talented students and nurture them. Candidates who are studying in Class X standard from a recognised school are eligible to appear for NTSE examination. Since, you have completed 9th standard and when you are appearing in 10th standard from a recognised school, you are eligible to appear for NTSE examination.

Selection Process :-
There will be two-stage selection process for award of NTSE scholarship. For Stage I,
selection will be done by States/Union Territories through a written examination. Candidates who qualify Stage- I examination are eligible to appear for Stage-II examination which is conducted by NCERT.
16th December 2014, 10:25 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates, who are appearing for 10th class are only eligible to appear for NTSE exam. This exam is conducted in two stages.

STAGE-I:-
This stage is divided into two parts
1)Mental ability test
2)Scholastic Aptitude Test, which covers Maths, Science and Social studies and Language comprehensive test

STAGE-II:-
The Stage-II of the test is divided into two parts
1)Mental ability test
2)Scholastic Aptitude Test, which covers Maths, Science and Social studies

Candidates, who can clear these two stages are eligible to get scholarships. You can download the application form from the following link.www.ncert.nic.in
9th April 2023, 09:07 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is a national-level scholarship exam for Indian students studying in Class 10th and below. Here is the eligibility criteria and detailed information on the exam for 9th-grade students:

Eligibility Criteria:

The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
The candidate must be studying in Class 9th in a recognized school.
There is no minimum percentage requirement for the exam.
Exam Pattern:

The NTSE exam comprises two stages - Stage 1 and Stage 2.
The Stage 1 exam is conducted by the State/UT governments, while the Stage 2 exam is conducted by the NCERT.
The Stage 1 exam consists of two papers - Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
The Stage 2 exam consists of the same two papers - MAT and SAT.
Both the papers are objective-type tests.
There is no negative marking in the exam.
The SAT paper includes questions from Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and English.
Scholarship:

The NTSE scholarship is awarded to the selected candidates for their entire academic career, i.e., up to Ph.D. level.
The scholarship amount is Rs. 1250 per month for Class 11th and 12th, and Rs. 2000 per month for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
The scholarship amount is increased every year to keep up with the cost of living.
Application Process:

The application process for NTSE varies from state to state.
The State/UT governments release the application forms for Stage 1 exam on their official websites.
The application forms can also be obtained from the respective schools.
The application fee for the exam is nominal, usually ranging from Rs. 50 to Rs. 150.
NTSE is a highly competitive exam that requires dedicated preparation. Students can refer to NCERT books, previous year question papers, and study materials specifically designed for NTSE preparation. It is also essential to manage time effectively and develop exam-taking strategies to excel in the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?