22nd December 2015, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BCA for 12th PCM student?

Hi,
I am the student of 12th ISC studying PCM. After my 12th I want to do BCA. Can you tell me about my eligibility? Waiting for your reply.

25th December 2015, 04:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BCA for 12th PCM student?

Yes, you are definitely eligible for BCA course with the qualification you have at the moment. Just appear for any entrance exam of a reputed university for admission.

Some colleges give admission based on your marks in class 12th. Maths is the subject which is essential for BCA admission and you have studied so no problem for you.
25th December 2015, 07:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue BCA course after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream from ISC Board. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Science subjects namely Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course. Most of the Colleges/Universities offers direct admission to BCA course on the basis of 12th standard board examination marks whereas some Colleges/Universities conducts an entrance examination and offers admission to merit candidates of the entrance examination. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with PCM stream from ISC board, you are eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course.
25th December 2015, 11:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I am the student of 12th ISC studying PCM. After my 12th I want to do BCA. Can you tell me about my eligibility? Waiting for your reply.
BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

List of the best college for BCA course:-

Indian Institute of Management & Commerce (IIMC) ,Hyderabad

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) ,Bangalore

Prestige Institute of Management and Research ,Indore

Apeejay Institute of Management ,Jalandhar

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) ,Chandigarh

JK Business School (JKBS) ,Gurgaon

Indian Academy Group of Institutions ,Bangalore

IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT) ,Jodhpur

Lovely Professional University ,Jalandhar

Management and Commerce Institute of Global Synergy ,Ajmer
25th December 2015, 11:48 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for BCA after 12th PCM. The candidate must complete Plus two from a recognized board. The minimum marks required in the qualifying examination are 50% with Mathematics and Computer science as one of the compulsory subjects. The applicant should not be less than 17 years of age.
29th June 2019, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

I have got 78% in my 12th isc but 25 in maths pcm stream with computer. am i eligible for bca course this year ?
14th July 2020, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

I got 84% in my 12th from cbse with pcm stream without computer. Am i eligible for bca course in this year?
24th May 2023, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Will i get admission for BCA with 54.16% ?
27th May 2023, 01:41 PM
eduking

For BCA admission you need to qualify for a recognized board with maths as one of the subjects is 10+2 level. It doesn't matter whether you have studied science or commerce or arts at 10+2, if you have maths as one of the subjects you can surely apply for BCA admission. The admission is based on performance in the entrance exam and you need to have at least 50% marks in class 12th maths for applying.

For admission at top colleges and universities, you have to secure a top rank in the entrance exam because there are a limited number of seats. All you have to do is apply when the notification comes.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?