10th August 2015, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

Guidebooks of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology for 11th Science WBCHSE?

Sir,
I have got admission in 11th WBCHSE in Science stream. But I can't get any text book along with guidebooks of all subjects, English as First Language and Bengali as Second Language. Please let me know about the guidebooks for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics of 11th standard. Thanking you.
Your's Faithfully
Manik Ch. Roy

14th October 2015, 10:38 AM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Guidebooks of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology for 11th Science WBCHSE?

See, there is nothing called as guide book for 11th standard. You will find some random books which are published by any and every publishing houses. They claim that if you read this only, you will obtain at least 90% marks in your higher secondary.
When the truth is that if you do not read your textbook thoroughly, then you will not know half of the topics covered in your syllabus. Then the main problem that will generate is that, the question answers solved in the self proclaimed guide books, will become unknown to you. This will provoke you to mug up the answers that you are not understanding.
This will become a practise. Instead of wasting money on the guide books, I suggest you make a chart of the subjects and what topics are there under that subject. Then tick those topics that you have fully understood under those subjects. The parts which are still confusing cannot be solved, unless your teacher helps you. So make a note of those questions that are still bothering you. Ask them in the class.
Along with this please buy the latest ABTA question set and its solved answer book. These two books are highly helpful for practise. You not only get the variety of question papers from the ABTA question set, but also the technique to answer the question from the solved book. For Mathematics I will suggest you to practise from the book on higher secondary mathematics from Ghosh Chakraborty. You will find the solved answers for this book too. Try to get that.
Practise these and I don't think you will need a guide book after this.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?