3rd September 2019, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to choose Biology in 12th Science to study BPharm?

Hi, I am very weak in Biology. But I am interested to study BPharm course after completing my 12th standard. I am confused about what I should do? I want to study BPharm so it is necessary for me to take Biology in 12th Science? Please tell me about this.

7th September 2019, 05:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to choose Biology in 12th Science to study BPharm?

You need to have class 12th with PCM or PCB stream to apply for BPharm admission. Biology is not compulsory and even those who have studied physics, chemistry and maths are eligible for it. You need to appear for the entrance exam to get admission.

You don't need biology in class 12th for BPharm course but when you get admission in such courses you will face subjects related to biology. So, be ready for it.
7th September 2019, 06:16 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The minimum education required to pursue B.Pharma (Bachelor of Pharmacy) degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

So, even if you not opt for Biology in your Class 12th academics, you can still pursue B.Pharmacy degree course provided you go for PCM combination.
7th September 2019, 11:07 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Biology is compulsory for B Pharmacy. But if you have done 12th pcmb Biology with maths then you are eligible for B Pharmacy. But if you have done 12th with PCM only with maths you can not eligible for B Pharmacy.
7th September 2019, 11:24 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to study B Pharmacy course is that the candidate should have completed intermediate with science stream either non medical or medical.
If you are weak at biology then you can opt for mathematics in 11th and 12th.
7th September 2019, 11:34 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes Biology is necessary for B Pharmacy but not compulsory to get admission in it.
There is no compulsion of Biology to get in admission in B Pharmacy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?