17th February 2023, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Is it ok to let my child to go to class 1 at 5 years age?

Hi Team, My daughter aged 4 years , she was born on 3rd April 2018.
She is now studying at class PP II. Next year she will go to class 1.
So is it ok to promote to class 1 at the age of 5 ? As this will advance her entire education by 1 year for her entire carrier.

Please advice.
Thanks
Arya

18th February 2023, 12:35 AM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: Is it ok to let my child to go to class 1 at 5 years age?

In India, the minimum age for admission to class 1 is 5 years as of 31st March of the admission year. Since your daughter was born on 3rd April 2018, she will be 5 years old by the time of admission to class 1. So, it is absolutely fine for her to be promoted to class 1 at the age of 5.

However, it is important to consider your daughter's readiness for class 1. Moving to a higher grade at a young age can be challenging for some children, so it is important to ensure that your daughter is academically and emotionally prepared for the transition. It may be helpful to consult with your daughter's teachers or a child psychologist to evaluate her readiness for class 1.
30th June 2023, 06:01 PM
Ar_pit

Default Re: Is it ok to let my child to go to class 1 at 5 years age?

This is not correct age to be in class 1 unless your child is fine with her other activities in the KG classes.
On should turn 6 + for class 1 and also there will be lots homework to do. Both reading and writing along with other class activities.
If you found your child is doing well and not worrying much with her activities you can continue her with class1.
But think once as your child may over burden when compare to other kids in her class . Also please check with her class teachers as well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?