26th September 2019, 10:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become a Primary School Teacher after completing 12th?

Respected Sir, I am preparing for the Board exam of 12th standard from UP Board. I want to become a Teacher and I came to know that after completing 12th I can become a teacher of a Primary school. Is it possible? Can I become after completion of my 12th standard?

30th September 2019, 02:16 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a Primary School Teacher after completing 12th?

Minimum qualification required to become a Primary school teacher is having a degree of D.Ed or D.El.Ed from a recognized university/institute.
After completing 12th only you are not eligible to become a teacher.
That is why after completing 12th you should pursue any of the above given diploma degree in education.
30th September 2019, 02:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a Primary School Teacher after completing 12th?

You can become teacher in primary school, after pursuing D.Ed and qualifying in CTET or TET.

The eligibility to appear in TET is that candidate must have passed 12th along with diploma in education qualification.

So, you have to pursue the D.Ed course if want to become teacher in government school.
30th September 2019, 04:00 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as teacher in primary in a government school. The required minimum educational qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th and have passed diploma in elementary education.

So, if you need to have atleast the above qualification to become eligible to appear for recruitment examination.

Recruitment examination is conducted by state government as well as NTA.
30th September 2019, 04:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

After 12th you cannot become a primary teacher because in order to become a primary teacher the candidate has to pursue a diploma course known as Junior Basic Training course.
After completion of this basic training you will have to appear for the Teacher Eligibility Test.
30th September 2019, 04:44 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To become a primary school teacher after 12th, either you can directly pursue NPTT i.e. Nursery Primary Teacher Training program or J.B.T. i.e. Junior Basic Training diploma .
You can also do B.ED after doing bachelors degree in any field. These all are professional courses and definitely you will be selected as a primary teacher.
30th September 2019, 07:44 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To become a primary school teacher, you have to pursue two years diploma course known as Junior Basic Training.
After completion of this course you will be eligible to appear for CTET examination and you can apply for primary teacher post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?