21st November 2015, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change school in 10th CBSE board in other state?

My father has got transfer in other state. Therefore we need to shift there. I am studying in class 10th. So i need to know can i change my school in other state?

Related Questions:
  1. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  2. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  3. Can I change from CBSE to State board in 11th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the procedure followed to change from CBSE board to the other state board?
  5. What is the procedure followed to change school from CBSE to state board in Kerala?
  6. Is it possible to change school in 10th CBSE board in other state? -- [New]
  7. Should I change Board if not get admission in same school of same Board?
  8. Is it necessary to change school board for doing 11th and 12th after giving the 10th exam?
  9. Will it affect in future to give entrance exam for college if I am changing from CBSE to State board?
  10. Will I be able to remain in same school after passing 10th conducted by school (CBSE)? Can I change my school?
  11. Is it possible to change school while doing 10th CBSE board in same city?
  12. Which school should I choose between CBSE affiliated school and State board affiliated school for further studies?
  13. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  14. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  15. What is the procedure to be followed to change school from CBSE TO MP board?
  16. Do we need to change schools after giving the school board exams?
  17. Is it compulsory to change school after giving the CBSE board exam?
  18. Difference between CBSE and State Board?

21st November 2015, 02:36 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to change school in 10th CBSE board in other state?

Students can change school even in 10th standard but only in the school affiliated to same board as registration of the students in the board in completed in 9th standard already so they are not allowed to change their board.
Since most of the schools do not provide admission to students in 10th standard, so, first of all students need to take complete information whether the school take admission in 10th standard directly or not.
The documents that will be required at the time of admission in 10th standard will be
-Marks sheet of 9th standard
-Registration certificate issued by board
-Character certificate showing the student is not involved in any disciplinary action
-Transfer certificate issued by the school from which the student have completed 9th standard.

Any school do not provide transfer certificate unless a genuine reason is presented by the students in which transfer is must.
So, if you have genuine reason to leave the school and take admission in another school of same board then only you should move unless you will not be able take admission in other school without transfer certificate.

21st November 2015, 05:42 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can change your schools with in the same board in other state because CBSE is a central board not a state board. But for that you have to apply for the migration certificate from your current school and also you have to give complete description of your new residential address and schooling address. In your new school you simply have to submit the migration certificate that you have taken from the previous school.

22nd November 2015, 01:11 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, of course yo can change your school being in the same boards and in other state but for ta you will have to follow some steps mentioned below;

> you should have completed your 9th standard from a recognized board and without any gap in between he years

> Applicant previous school should be a CBSE affiliated one

> Applicant should carry 9th class mark sheet, Transfer Certificate, Migration Certificate and all the related documents required and asked for during admission in the prospective school.

23rd November 2015, 10:22 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, you can change your school to other state in class 10th, as it is possible legally.
For that you will need some kind of documents:

Write an application to the current Board that, you want to change from your current school to some other CBSE Board school in other state in class 10th.
Take a Transfer Certificate (T.C) from your current school.
Collect your class 9th mark sheet from your current school.
Character certificate from the current school.
You will also need an affidavit and migration certificate to change your school from one state to another.

13th October 2016, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

My father may or may not be transferred next year so if I take school board with a migration certificate and in the end my dad doesn't get transferred will I be able to stay in the same school.

14th October 2016, 11:01 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

You must take action once your father get transferred to any other City or State. Without knowing anything if you take migration certificate then you might not be able to stay in same school. It is advisable to wait & watch & then take decision.

16th February 2019, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

My father had got transferred to other state. I am presently in class 10. Should i go with my father. Will it affect my studies

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?