7th May 2015, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change schools in class 10th in same city with CBSE board? What is the procedure to be followed?

I want to change my school in class 10 in same city of cbse of board because if some issues. Is it possible to change schools in class 10th in same city with CBSE board? What is the procedure to be followed? Can someone please provide me the information soon as possible.

7th May 2015, 02:29 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to change schools in class 10th in same city with CBSE board? What is the procedure to be followed?

Yes it is possible but not so easy to get admission in any school in 10th standard because usually schools closed the admission for 10th class while few of them provides you admission i would like to suggests you get admission in the school in which you have personal contacts so they will provides you admission and adjust you in their school

Theoretically it is possible to change the school after 9th class but practically it is very complicated because registration is done in 9th class for 10th board exams so first don't leave the current school and collect information which one school is ready to provide you admission if any school is ready then leave the current school and collect a few certificates

:: Character certificate
:: Migeration Certificate
:: 9th class Marksheet
:: Current passport size photos

Buy a prospectus of the school from school office because you will get all information about the school in the prospectus
7th May 2015, 02:35 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change schools in class 10th in same city with CBSE board? What is the procedure to be followed?

Yes, it is very much possible, but for that you will have to follow some simple steps or it.

Steps to change school after 9th class:

> You first need to get a transfer certificate form the school in which presently you are studying

> Collect your report card from your current school

> Complete the admission procedure in the prospective school you want admission in

> Notify your board about the transfer of school
7th May 2015, 02:38 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can change to another school to pursue your 10th standard. To change to another school, first you need to collect following documents from your present school.
1. 9th standard certificate
2. Transfer certificate
3. Bonafide
After getting all these certificates, you can search another school, which is offering 10th standard admission and you can apply for admission in that school by submitting your application along with above specified documents.
7th May 2015, 06:09 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

If you want to change your school in the middle of class 10th, then it would not be possible for you to get admission in any regular CBSE school as the board registration is being done in class 9th itself, so if possible then complete your class 10th in that school only after class 10th you would be able to change your school.
8th May 2015, 12:08 AM
MECHANICAL POWER

Yes, you can change your school in class 10th in same city of CBSE board.
But if form fill up is already done then you can not change your school in class 10th.

You have to just collect the following document from your school to change your school.

1). Class 9th report card.

2). School leaving certificate.

After collection above document you can get admission in other school.
8th May 2015, 06:44 PM
james hettfield
Member+

It is difficult to change the school in class X as per the guidelines of the CBSE.
The reason being that the initial registration for the class X board examination is been made at the time when a student in his/her IX standard. By this method, there is a data available to the CBSE that how many of people are going to appear in the examination next year and from which schools are they from. This is done be the CBSE in order to ease their examination process.
However, there are certain cases like the transfer cases of the defence services people or the people who are in government jobs and get an immediate transfers, such students can change the school in 10th class otherwise for a normal person only personal contacts can help in this matter.
25th July 2016, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change schools from ICSE to CBSE school in same district. what are their rules and regulation for it.
7th February 2017, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change school in 10th standard from state board to CBSE board?
4th March 2017, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

My son is in class 9, I m planning to change the school in same city. They r ready to take him. I would like to know dat will this change effect his career option if he applies for foreign university for graduation or say 11-12 also.what are the prerequisite of d admissions regarding the paper work n documents. Plz suggest
25th March 2017, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change schools in class 10th in same city with CBSE board? What is the procedure to be followed?Is there minimum distance limitation for School changing ???
5th April 2017, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to know my daughter can change school within the city in class 10 School authority is saying that board can cancel admission during school session
14th April 2017, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure for changing schools between ICSE board in 10th standard, state odisha.
15th April 2017, 11:52 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the procedure for changing schools between ICSE board in 10th standard, state odisha.
Procedure for changing school of ICSE Board in 10th standard is quite tough.
But if there is some serious concern like:- family transfer, job transfer, atmospheric or medical issue then you can give a written application to the head of your school and put your genuine reason there.
Your school will provide you a migration certificate which is required among all the other documents at the time of getting admission in new ICSE school.
19th April 2017, 05:24 AM
Unregistered

My two children have passed ix class in cbse from jamshedpur DAV school. I am in RPF central government job and have been trnsferred on administration ground to kharagpur.now I want admission in Railway cbse school at kharagpur. Railway school at kharagpur is saying about registration of my children of classi ix however are ready to admit but saying this is new case for them .tell me about the process to be followed by me and the school as per rule.
21st May 2017, 09:38 AM
Vivekibm123

Is it possible to change schools in class 10th in same city with CBSE board?

What is distance Limitation in same city?

What is the procedure to be followed?
16th August 2017, 11:00 PM
Unregistered

Can a child change his CBSE school in the same city in the mid session of class 10?
8th September 2017, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

After complete class 9 from cbse school of Ajmer region. Can I take admission in class 10 in cbse school of Patna region. Registration number of class 9 will be valid for patna region or not for session 2027-19
16th September 2017, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 9th cbse and wanted to change school in std 10 but the registration of board has started from 9th onwards. So,how can i change my school in 10 std. Please provide the procedure.
18th September 2017, 12:42 PM
sapphire1

Yes, Of course, it is possible to change your school in 10th class. If you want to get admission in CBSE board there are so many schools in which you can apply for the admission.

It is tough to get admission in another CBSE school in class 10th. Most of the schools didn't allow the candidates to take admission in 10th class because it is board class. But if you can try you may get admission there.

For this you need some certificates which are given below:
Migration certificate
Character certificate
9th class mark sheet
school leaving certificate

And you have to submit these things in which want to take admission.
17th April 2018, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

My son, class 6th student of Icse board is poor in math.should I change his board to state board?
18th March 2019, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

my son is completed 9th standard with icse want to migrate to cbse in the same city, can you suggest the procedure for the same.
25th March 2019, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Can change the school of cbse board in same city after 9th class
3rd April 2019, 10:03 AM
Unregistered

I want to be admitted in class x cbse directly after passing my IX from state board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?