31st January 2015, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

School transfer from ICSE to CBSE in 10th standard

I need an immediate answer.I'm in a horrible predicament;my father has a transferrable job which transfers his post to a different city/town.So far,I've switched 8 schools.Prior to class 6,I had been studying in affilaliated schools and of course,with constant periodic school transfers,before entering ICSE cirriculum in West Bengal.
I didn't take the 2013 Board examination and repeated class 10 ICSE for a month and half here in Allahabad where I'm currently residing.As of now,again we need to move to a new location which is Bhubhaneshwar.My transfer certificate has already been extracted from the school.Iwant to change to CBSE board,I did a research about it on the web and ended up finding out that I may need a migration certificate about which,I've no idea what it is?How can I switch to CBSE Board?

Second query;my secondary subject has been registered as Commercial Applications in ICSE when I was in class 9,is it possible to change to other subject by requesting the council?And do schools allow it?

10th February 2015, 08:29 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: School transfer from ICSE to CBSE in 10th standard

First of all, you cannot get transferred to schools of different curriculum in 10th standard. You need to get admission in 9th if you want to get admission in CBSE curriculum following school after getting transferred from Allahabad where you are studying in ICSE curriculum following school. This is because you have registered in a different board, so if you want to shift to a new board you need to do a fresh registration which is possible if you get admission in 9th standard. Otherwise you have an option of appearing for tenth as a private candidate.
If you had filled one subject in your registration form and once it is generated, you cannot change it because the schools do not allow it. However, if you want to change it before it is generated then the school might allow it. This is purely at the discretion of the concerned school.
8th March 2017, 02:18 AM
Unregistered

If I can transfer from one school to another in same board.. Then what about registration because registration will be of my old school
2nd September 2017, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Student studying in class nine under ICSE board whose registration is already done. Query is whether he can be admitted in another school of ICSE board at the same class with the same registration. I shall be very much thankful if it is intimated at the earliest with some documents if possible. MY g mail ID : [email protected] and Mob: 9748811535

With regards
S K Paul
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?