5th January 2015, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Is it better to continue in CBSE board after 10th or change to State board to go for Engnieering?

I passed out class 10th CBSE board exam.... should i change school CBSE school to state board school for engineering?........

Can I get information of how many % of seat is reserved in engineering for CBSE student?

Related Questions:
6th January 2015, 02:38 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it better to continue in CBSE board after 10th or change to State board to go for Engnieering?

Every state for its Engineering exam has around 80%-85% seats reserved for that particular state's student and 15%-20% for outside state students.

Therefore, if you want to go for Engineering in that particular state, I would suggest you to change your board from CBSE to State.

But, one more thing you must keep in mind that many competitive exams are conducted for admission in Engineering colleges like JEE, IIT etc. and also for many other competitive exams, the syllabus pattern of these entrance examinations are based on CBSE based syllabus pattern.

So, if you want to go for Engineering course in that particular State you are residing in, then go for State board or else if you plan to go for higher studies outside of that state, then I would suggest you to remain in CBSE board only.
17th September 2016, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it better to continue in CBSE board after 10th or change to State board to go for Engnieering?

Can I change from cbse after 10th to state board for 11th and 12th
Can I get admissions for UG in abroad if i change like this
20th September 2016, 09:07 AM
LoganWolverine

CBSE is holding one of the most popular exam JEE. This is the reason why entrances are based on cbse pattern.Also if you would go through the writers section of the NCERT books you will find a number of Professors from good institutes like IITs, NITs etc.

If you are planning to study outside the state then CBSE is a good choice for preparing for those exams.
But if you are planning to do it from your state then you can carry on with your state board provided you will get high marks and percentage.

Regarding reservation of seats every college has its own criteria for reserving seats so cannot say about it.
But most of the seats are for state students.
Regards
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?