10th June 2020, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to join BTech if completed 12th around 9 years ago?

Sir, I have passed 12th Board exam and scored 74% marks with Science stream. I have completed my 12th with RBSE Board around 9 years ago and now I want to study BTech course. Is it possible for me to join BTech course now?

14th June 2020, 08:25 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to join BTech if completed 12th around 9 years ago?

B.Tech stands for Bachelor of Technology and it is a four year professional degree course after pursuing which one head towards becoming an engineer.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue the same degree course is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects with at least 45% marks in aggregate from a recognised board of education.

Now, as you have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with 74% marks, so you are definitely eligible for pursuing B.Tech degree course from most of the institute irrespective of the time when you completed your Class 12th.

But, I would also like to mention here that you cannot get into institutes like IIT, NIT, other CFTIs, BITSAT, and some other primeir Technical colleges after a gap of 9 years.
15th June 2020, 08:27 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to join BTech if completed 12th around 9 years ago?

It is possible to pursue after a gap of 9 years but not from a premier institutions as admission in the premier institutions is offered on the basis of JEE.

You are not eligible for the JEE. It is conducted by NTA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?